Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher 1236 Battery Compartments. :rage:

Bob Stephens

Hi Gang! I just added a nice Fisher 1236X2 to my Fisher stable as it's known for running quiet in iron laced areas. Had a good introductory hunt with it but ran into a problem when I went to remove the old batteries (last season's vintage) that I slipped into the compartments for the hunt. They only lasted a couple of hours before dying which is what I expected.

I suspect they were swollen slightly as I had a devil of a time getting them back out as I didn't want to force anything and break the housing. Anyway, I finally got them out without damaging my new hunter and the remedy I applied when inserting the new batteries (thanks to my wife Louise's insight) is to take a thin length of ribbon and wrap it around each battery between the contacts and then slide the battery into the compartment. Leave enough length hanging outside each battery door and when replacement time comes, presto! It's an easy matter to just pull the battery out with no problem.

Thought I'd pass that on to anyone who may run into this problem as I've heard several users comment on running into this same problem.

Love that 1236; it's a nice lightweight machine that's easy to setup and use. Can't wait to get back out!

Best Regards and Happy Hunting to all.

Bob and Louise. Hamilton, Ont. :twodetecting:

CZ-5, 1236, 1270 and 1280 Fisher machines make up our stable.