Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher 1220X PRO Manual needed

sport.pilot

I recently acquired one of these detectors as part of a trade. I plan to put it in my Jeep to have around all the time in case I see something that looks interesting enough to hunt. If it is, I will come back later with my better detector and get serious. But, I do not have a manual for it. Anybody know where I can get one. I have hunted the web and cannot find it. It is pretty simple to operate, but sometimes the manual has tips for better operation. I had a nice person send me an article on the 1220 X, but it is different as the PRO model has a frequency shift pod on it. I have written to Fisher, and if I do not hear from them by the end of the week, I will call them and see if they can be of help. Thanks.

the 1220 pro operates the same as the 1220-x, the differences being the pro is hip mounted and has the freq. shift for when you are hunting around another 1220 or a detector of the same freq to stop the crosstalk chatter. the 1220 was a great machine and was my first good detector. i'd love to own another 1220 if i could find a nice one. keep the disc set
as low as you can tolerate and you will find the 1220 pro to be a deep coin machine. i made a lot of nice finds with my 1220-x but sold it when the 1260 came out. you should be able to download a manual for the 1220 pro online, but i'm sure fisher could provide you with a manual also. with the 1220 pro you might not have to go back over a site with your better detector....it will get those deep targets. good luck and enjoy the detector... it's a good one.........................roger

joe dirt_1 said:
the 1220 pro operates the same as the 1220-x, the differences being the pro is hip mounted and has the freq. shift for when you are hunting around another 1220 or a detector of the same freq to stop the crosstalk chatter. the 1220 was a great machine and was my first good detector. I'd love to own another 1220 if i could find a nice one. keep the disc set
as low as you can tolerate and you will find the 1220 pro to be a deep coin machine. i made a lot of nice finds with my 1220-x but sold it when the 1260 came out. you should be able to download a manual for the 1220 pro on line, but I'm sure fisher could provide you with a manual also. with the 1220 pro you might not have to go back over a site with your better detector....it will get those deep targets. good luck and enjoy the detector... it's a good one.........................roger

Hi Roger, Thanks for the post. I have the manual for the 1220X, but it is different than the PRO as it does not have a frequency shift knob. I also have an original Tesoro Silver Sabre that is pretty much identical and does have the frequency shift and I do have the manual for it. I called Fisher and they do not have the manual for the PRO. Odd I think. Anyway, I got the name of a Tech I am going to call on Monday and Fisher said he probably could help me find one. I am going to put this in my Willys?Jeep and keep it handy just in case I find an old town site or ghost town where I want to search for coins. I like the hip mount. My wife made me a chest mount for it, and that is really handy as well. Thanks again for the info.
Darryl