Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First two hunts of the year!…….

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
No finds to report. You see both of these hunts were for firearms used in homicides. The first hunt was with 6 club members searching a big wooded ravine area. It was a tough hunt as the ravine was full of trees, brush, briars, concrete, and trash. Not to mention the base was all ice so this meat hang on tight to a tree, swing then pick yourself up and start again. After 3 hours the area was gone over pretty good. The officers informed us that the needle in the haystack we were looking for, no one knew if it was dumped there or not. It was certainly work looking. The only pic I got before my phone died was of the fire dept checking the roof to see if it was tossed there.
The 2nd hunt was today and 85 miles north of here. This time there was 5 of us and conditions were better for walking except for the two guys in the ice water. Same situation, not sure if it was there and in both cases we may search again at another date. Our club has found many pieces of evidence in the past, including bullets, casings, guns, etc…. In two cases two murderers were put away for life because of what we found. It is very rewarding to volunteer for these types of hunts. Even better when we find what we are looking for.

[attachment 325299 FullSizeRender-6.jpg] [attachment 325300 FullSizeRender-5.jpg]

[attachment 325301 FullSizeRender-4.jpg] [attachment 325302 FullSizeRender-3.jpg]

Man - that sure looks cold. What a good deed you all did. And it gives us all a good name. And I'm glad you guys do make a difference some times.

Steve in so la

All I can say is, "Wow". Whoever that guy is in the ravine he has to have some pretty hefty waders on. In fact, I can't tell by the pic but if those are waders, what kind are they? Not sure I'd be able to walk around in ice water for longer than a minute :)

It's great to see people doing God's work and helping out the local community with our hobby. My hats off to you and your brethren Mike :)

Godspeed my friend!

Greg

We use neoprene waders and they keep you warm. I go detecting each year in the dead of winter when I can't go anywhere else. I find a stream I know people have frequented for years and jump right in. I went one year and it was 19 degrees.

Congratulations to you and the crew, Mike. Glad you all could volunteer for this. I don't handle the cold weather nearly as good as I did even 5 years ago but I would have volunteered in a heart beat for this kind of work.

Congrats, Mike me son, on helping the police and crime fighters by volunteering to hunt for weapons and any info leading to the arrest of those who have no respect for human beings or anything that is good of God! A very good deed that ya'll did or have done in not so good conditions and hope many more criminals are sentenced for their crimes by those who are willing to do the work in helping those who fight crime! God Bless! Ma

Mike....I admire you and others who think of others before themselves! That is what the Lord wants us to do all of the time! Not sure that I could handle the cold and icy conditions! Looks so cold!!

Where are you at in TX?