Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time teknetics buyer

petew

Thanks to Craig at showmetreasure I have a new euro tek pro coming with a sharpshooter in it.I've owned plenty of machines, but never a teknetics.
I have a explorer SE,and I really like it,but it's not practical for everything .I like to just park hunt clad and rings sometimes, and I didn't wanna spend a lot of money just to adjust a bunch of buttons.Light,deep and great seperation I'm told with the sharpshooter, Craig sold me on the simplicity and performance of this machine,and it sounds like fun ,can't wait to get it.

You certainly have made a very wise choice with that coil,the target separation is very very good,it also pinpoints well straight under the bottom rod,lovely and light so that you can swing it for long time durations.

petew said:
Thanks to Craig at showmetreasure I have a new euro tek pro coming with a sharpshooter in it.I've owned plenty of machines, but never a teknetics.
I have a explorer SE,and I really like it,but it's not practical for everything .I like to just park hunt clad and rings sometimes, and I didn't wanna spend a lot of money just to adjust a bunch of buttons.Light,deep and great seperation I'm told with the sharpshooter, Craig sold me on the simplicity and performance of this machine,and it sounds like fun ,can't wait to get it.

Your arm will thank you.

If you are after clad you will love that machine. It bangs hard on clad, including nickels. Light as a feather too.

I think you will impressed with how well the EuroTek performs. I love the Sharpshooter coil on My Omega, I'm sure it will be great on the ETP! Keep us posted on your finds! HH

petew said:
Thanks to Craig at showmetreasure I have a new euro tek pro coming with a sharpshooter in it.
If it's a NEW Euro-Tek Pro, which search coil did you get with it [size=small](standard coil)[/size]?

petew said:
I've owned plenty of machines, but never a teknetics.
If you've owned a lot, then you know they can often be quite different from what we are used to. Be patient with the Euro-Tek Pro and put in the time to learn it, both the strengths and weaknesses.

petew said:
I have a explorer SE,and I really like it,but it's not practical for everything.
Quite true, not practical for everything, nor is the Euro-Tek Pro so just learn them and apply your skills with their abilities and things should go well.

petew said:
I like to just park hunt clad and rings sometimes, and I didn't wanna spend a lot of money just to adjust a bunch of buttons.
I had a couple of Euro-Tek Pros, both with the 8" round concentric coil, and I worked them with a few accessory coils. I didn't care for the 11" BiAxial coil, the 5X10 DD worked okay, but I got my best performance for urban Coin Hunting with the 8" Concentric and 5" DD in trashier places.

As for buttons and knobs, I like to keep things 'simple,' but they also need to be 'functional' and provide ample 'performance.' My problem with both of the E-T Pros I had was that the Ground Balance was just fine with the stock 8" coil, and one did pretty well with my 5" DD coil, but both had a GB that was way off with the 5X10 and 11" BiAxial coils, even to the point that they wouldn't respond to a US silver dollar or two silver halves. I had to tweak the GB trimmer on one if them to make it 'functional.'

For many people I think the Euro-Tek Pro can be a useful and handy detector, especially for typical Coin Hunting tasks and even some entry into Relic Hunting. It's an okay detector, but my current favorite Teknetics model is the Omega as it is more versatile.

petew said:
Light,deep and great seperation ...
The E-T Pro, like the other Teknetics models, does have a quick-response and fast-recovery, and does reasonably well in recovery/processing when Discrimination is used. I found it worked better for Coin Hunting.

petew said:
... I'm told with the sharpshooter, Craig sold me on the simplicity and performance of this machine,and it sounds like fun ,can't wait to get it.
I haven't use the Sharpshooter coil on that model, and I hope it works well for you. Give it time to get used to if from your Minelab FBS model, then give us a report on your experiences.

Monte