Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out!

kennymill

I received my ACE 250 yesterday, checked it all out and went to the local park this morning for about a 1/2 hour. Had the sensitivity set on 2 bars and 4 bars, it worked great and pinpointed great. I did dig several holes only to find nothing but then I will learn as time goes on what to dig.

I can see a pinpointer may be a valuable asset. What are your suggestions as to which one to purchase? Thank you all in advance for your suggestions.

Kenny

and use the Sunray probe, bit in price,is the best out there,one,no batteries it works off the unit, down fall can only be used with Garrett unit.I use Sunray on all the units I have, not the C$. So with that I have been using the Whites bullseye.Its all on what you want and how much to spend.Do a search on the forum for pinpointers and or probe.Alot of good info on the forum and great people here to help you in any way.Do a little searching before you buy, try to find out anyone in your area and see what they use. There are pros and cons to all of them,just like everything in world.Have fun out there.
Thank You
Tom Spencer

I got mine yesterday also. Played around with it a bit today using some coins & jewelry that I had here. Now I just need the time to hunt some places around town. The immediate area here is just being built and from what I have been able to find was nothing but wilderness up till around 2003.

As for the probe, I'm also looking at the Sun Ray. I have read many good things about their probes. The main thing with it is that it is basically a miniature coil that gives you all the info through your detector. Also I am using their headphones and like them a lot.

Ernie

Before you buy a pinpointer perfect the one you have. If you follow the rules John and I have posted or the animation on the Garrett Forum it's a snap.

Bill

Bill,

Thank you for your reply. I can pinppoint the target on the surface well, the 250 seems very accurate at pinpointing. As I dig down not knowing for sure the exact depth, I get up and use the 250 again to be sure I haven't dug it out (the ground is very muddy and clumpy right now with all the rains).

This is where I thought the pinpointer would work good, while you are on the ground to pinpoint if it is still in the hole or in the dug dirt. I am very cautious to not dig to shallow of a piece of grass/dirt so as to kill the plug. When I walk away from a dig in the grass I don't want to leave and sign of me being there.

Thanks again Bill & John, you guys are very helpful to all of us and so very willing to share your experiences. Bless you!

Kenny

Do you use a probe to locate your target? On shallow targets the 250 coil will pinpoint right at the center tip of the inside oval on the coil but as the target gets deeper the pinpoint center moves back from that spot an inch or so. If you have a problem centering the target when pinpointing, turn ninetry degrees to the target, scan and pinpoint again and you'll usually hit it dead on.

Bill