Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Time Out

monoman

hi all just thought i would give you a report on my first time out with my 250 well some good news and a question the good news is that i found $11 and the question is when i get a signal and then sweep back over it there is no second signal sens at 4 bars any thoughts i was in custom set to pick up the 1+2 dollar coins ???? thanks MM

Your one way signal is likely a deep item or one laying in proximity to trash, which masks the good target.

Happens quite often.....some of us believe that there will be a 99 per-cent chance that a one way signal will be trash. I have found that to be the case But..99 per-cent is the same as 99 times out of a hundred. This is the same as saying that the target has a hundred- to- one shot at being a valuable keeper. Pretty good odds when you consider it only takes a second to dig a target and that Lottery odds are millions to one.
Just keep circling the target until you get the most repeatable signal you can and let us know what you find.

Man...you did well :thumbup: I would dig it anyways, as part of the learning curve is to see how/what the machine reads.

i will be going back to this place at the weekend and i will try different settings as i was in custom mode because it is a trashy area where they hold festivals .had a lot of foil bottle tops paper clips you name it its there thanks MM

Sometimes on one way targets I'll raise the sens up just on that target to see if it is a deep target while twitching. All I'm trying to do is get it to beep about 3 times in a row. Then dig up my wonderful, shiny perfectly formed 8 inch deep pull tab. But you won't know unless you see it for yourself!

Hi Monoman
It sounds like you are off to a flying start. What part of the world are you in?
If you operate in jewellery mode you'll do well. If you are getting too many signals to be comfortable with, then knock out the next 2 lower notches as this will eliminate a large amount of junk targets, but still pick up most valuable coins (depending on country).
One way signals are either going to be junk or you have a rejected target next to a desirable one..
Mick Evans.:ausflag:

yeah hi mick im in tullamarine in victoria ill try some other settings on the weekend as i said in my post but its frustrating to get a signal then swing back over it only to not get that signal again i thought some thing was wrong with the machine well trial and error is the only way to learn a new machine and get better at recognising the different sounds targets make thanks MM

first off that was a great hunt :thumbup: with the signals that change from high tone to mid or low tones they"r usually junk or sometimes very deep coins but i think you"d get a nice clear tone on $1-$2 coins as there are not many very deep $1-$2 coins next time you get a signal that goes away put the ACE in all metal & see what it"s trying to tell ya. you should try running in all metal for a wile you"ll find a lot of targets that change or disappeared it"s a good way to tell the difference between junk & $$$. happy hunting.
lazyaussie :ausflag:

n/t

Cool. I've only ever passed though there once. Flew down to Melbourne for a wedding many moons ago.
It's just jelled to me as to what those annoying one way signals are. They're hitting around the gold coin area are they? The culprit is crown caps from the tops of bear bottles. They are made of iron, but can sound off like a good target, particularly if they are upside down. That's why LazzyAussie was saying, go to all metal mode as this will unmask your culprit. Next time you get one, go to all metal and go over it again. You'll get an iron hit (low tone).
The detector is telling you what the target is.
Mick Evans.