Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with V3i, its gonna take a while.

Herm

Well I wish I was posting some bragging rights, but thats not the case. I downloaded Magics program and gave it a try. (Thanks again Magic) I need to look his program over again and see if I copied it into the machine properly. I had to lower my Rx down to 4, All metal to 55, and Disc. down to 60, and it still didn't act very stable. I also lowered the Freq. Band down to 5. I hunted about 4 hours and ended up with 2 dimes and 1 nickle. All three were about 1.5 inches deep. I did dig one tab that was about 5.5 inches, it sounded pretty good. I actually thought that I was digging a penny. If I had gotten this tab reading with my DFX I would have thought that I could be digging a large mans ring. I'll just have to give heck another day. Herm

Finding something is better than no find at all. It will take some time to get use to everything. With the lower settings you said you have to use, it sounds like you may have been around some emi.
If you can hook up with Cybersage, he will get you on the right track. If I was closer I would do it but Jack is just as capable and more since he knows the V3 and knows the ground around there. He may have some better tips for you such as filter selection and he can show you how to offset your frequency when around emi.

I was thinking EMI also. (RX 4?) I'd try some frequency offset to start. Bet you can get much higher with you sensitivity settings. I've been going into real heavy EMI spots and running a minimum of RX 7/TX on but mostly even higher. You'll be making that box sing in no time.

EMI was bad if you had to run gain at 4 or your coil is bad.... Do the coil air test and see what you can turn it up to.:drinking:

I'd first determine the coil is good. it should test RX 15 with no overload with TX off. If the coil is good I would try another site, before going further. I've never hunted a site where I had to go down to Rx 4. Make sure to let us know after trying these two thing. Rob

I always have to run my RX on 4 or 5 EVERYWHERE I hunt I can go a little higher with the 4x6 but with the 5.3, 950, D2, and SEF 8x6 and factory sensitivity settings I have to run RX 5 or lower to get any sort of stability. However, I tried a trick that was recommended by Tony (in Orlando) to lower my disc sens to 15 or 20 and then run the RX higher (I still can't run it on 15 even with the 8x6). I can run the RX on 12 or maybe 13 and hit hard on a coin at 9".. I know that isn't supossed to be the way but I tried it and it worked and was quiet. I can't run my RX on 15 at factory disc holding still at waist level with RX off. I overload... IIRC, I will have to re-check I may be misremembering, could be that I can't run it very high holding still with TX on. In any case I can never hunt anywhere with any coil with factory sens and disc over 5 and usually I have to run it on 4 to keep it from falsing.

J