Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with the PI Pro

kpeterk

I just received my PI Pro yesterday along with a 48" diamond scoop. I took it out last night for a test run in the wet sand.

All I can say is it goes DEEP. :shocked:

Digging targets over 18" is something that I was not used to. The diamond scoop on the other hand is so heavy and awkward that it was becoming too difficult to try to dig deep in wet sand. I remember a scoop I had a while back with an extra handle on the shaft where you could just pull on straight up on that second handle after digging. I didn't know how much I would miss this feature.

In all though, I think I'll love the PI it's just something you have to get used to. I think I was a little spoiled with the Excalibur's iron rejection. I guess it's a trade-off on depth.

I have a question for you guys - I know the PI Pro has only one tone. Is there any differences in the tone when you go over gold as compared to a nail? Maybe a softer tone? Is this wishful thinking?

Well.. I have been using the PI PRO for about 3 years now.. nails, pieces of wire, bobbiepins can have a broken signal.. iron is usually a large signal that radiates out in all directions.. you want to be listening for small narrow signals and deep whispers.. I tried that scoop you're using and it was too heavy to drag around... it wasn't for me but some love it ;) I use a Babbs scoop with a stainless lip and couldn't be happier with it.. I keep my scoop on my shoulder anyway while detecting..

u were talking about and a few more for your review - on some scoops u use two handles, mostly for a brace for my elbow in the waves - the top one - i dig right handed

remember: time is the one thing u never get back

Yes! That's the one - the first scoop on the left in the second picture. Where did you purchase it? I wonder if it's still being made....