Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with the MXT

stikman

[size=large]First nice day since picking up the MXT, so I decided to try it out, and I'm already in the market for a smaller coil. Think I'll get the 4x6 eclipse. Might try trading GTAx 10x14 PowerDD for it. I filled nearly 2 five gallon buckets full of junk. Mostly mason jar lids reading as pennies. I didn't find a single coin until the very end of the day (about 4 hours), but am very happy with the Ford Zippo. I believe it dates to 1946-49. The makeup compact still had bright pink makeup in it with an unbroken mirror. Not sure what the horse medal is. I also don't know where the buckles are from. This is my first time finding any sort of buckle. The ashtray also made me smile. I believe that It's hand hammered copper, but not sure. The brass lipstick holder has engravings of oriental people and scenes around it. I also found a WWII good merit medal that was in very good condition, but returned it to the landowner. I had promised that if I found any "family heirlooms", I would return them. I did, reluctantly, and they were very happy with the medal. Their father was indeed a WWII veteran. It surely meant more to them than it ever could to me. Oh, by the way, the coin I found was a 1970 penny. I had committed to stay out until I had found at least one coin.[/size]

Congrats on your first day out. Just learn your VDI numbers and you'll start to hone in on the coinage!

David is correct. Learn the VDI #s and you will then hone in on the coins. I am getting 20 on nickles, 70 to 72 on dimes and pennies and 80 on quarters. I have not found any halves yet. However, it is wise to dig everything if you want to find rings and things so keep doing what you are doing. It is a great machine with easy set up and go...jim

[size=x-large][/size]You made some great finds.................:thumbup:

Great bunch of finds. You'll be getting those coins. You're doing fantastic as it is. Keep it up, your coil has to be over the coins first before you can find them. HH to all, Nancy

It would appear that you have a handle on your MXT and also have found a target rich enviroment to hunt. Nice finds. HH Dennis in Idaho

You did a lot of digging. Hope your knees felt okay today :stretcher:

One thing for sure, you are getting rid of anything that may mask a good target. Good hunting :|

Great Haul... You did well.... Don't for get to go back over that area after you get more experience with The MXT.
Your on a roll... Keep it up and the $$$ will come.

Target rich environment in that location.
Congrats on the finds for the first time out,
You did well.

With a smaller coil it will be easy to tell if it is a bottle lid or a penny, keep up the good work & have fun.

I went up to the football field yesterday where there'd be less trash and you guys (and gals) were right about the VDI being right on.(Not that I doubted you) When it said quarter or dime, I knew what I was digging. One exception was the deep rusted iron. Got a quarter signal at 9 inches and excitedly dug a rusty nut at about that depth. I always had this happen with my other machine, so the assumption is that this is usual. I ordered the 4 x 6 shooter today. Should be here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to going back to the Zippo site. I also asked permission to hunt the home site pictured below, kind of. I asked the owner and his response was "Sure, go ahead. Oh, wait, I've already told someone else that they could. Let me give them a chance first, then I'll call ya." So the way I see it is that maybe he had second thoughts. It's been a week or so and no phone call. I really don't want to bother him again so soon. The house was built in 1854, seven years before Kansas became a state in 1861. I figured there might be something to be found.

That's my kind of hunting! I bet the owner does have second thoughts. Maybe go back and talk to him and assure him that if you would find anything identifiable that you would return it to the owner. If there would be anything for a local museum, assure him that it would be displayed. IF that is would you would do?? Most would love to have an old coin or a pocketknife that was dropped in the past. If you do get permission, PLEASE leave the ground better than what you found it in.. I wish you luck and keep us posted. HH, Nancy