Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with the Equinox.. Took a minute... lol

Guvner

Administrator
Staff member
Hadn't had a chance to hunt in quite a while with my HVAC company and the wife still having a broken hip. Like most of you guys you have your favorites and so did I. Used the CTX mainly because I didn't remember to bring even one test coin so I had to find something to keep for the first run. I only had about 2 hours so I found a couple IH pennies and a couple wheaties and then got the Equinox 800 out now that I had test coins. Found a couple more IH pennies and 3 wheaties very quickly as well as a low ringing penny in really bad shape and then called it a day. (I had forgotten the new bluetooth headphones and had stopped at Wallyworld on the way there and picked up some wired cheapies so I wasn't real excited.) Waited two days and came back with about 4 hours to try again. Once again started with the CTX and got 3 cents and one Barber dime before switching to the Equinox. Had the factory bluetooths this time and immediately started hitting pennies. I think I got about 5 more IH pennies and 3 more wheaties as well as a couple nickels and some jewelry. Was getting about a coin every 10 minutes or so I estimated so I started hitting some outer areas that hadn't produced before. I hit a 34 right off the bat which turned out to be a 1893 Barber quarter and not long afterward hit a 32 that was a 1901 Barber quarter. Hit a few more IH pennies and then got about a 7 inch deep 28 that was a 1876 CC Seated dime. Not sure what was up but either I was way luckier than usual or it just hit coins in the bean field a bunch better then previous machines I had used there. Was hunting in Field 2 with iron turned on in multi and when I wasn't underneath the only power line I ran it at 24 backed off to 21 when too near the power line. I took a picture of what I could almost make out since I didn't bring anything to really clean the coins with.

[attachment 370245 3rdgroup.jpg]

Really impressed with this light machine and exceptionally happy for a first and second time out.. I got the Minelab adapter today and hooked up the WiFi module to a pair of Sun Rays and can't wait for the improved sound on the next time out.

Good hunting...

Guvner..

great finds, i also am starting out with NOX and went with wm08 module and sunray headset. Wish i could produce the finds that you do. Happy hunting.

Nice finds the nox finds the goods!
Mark

I also use field 2 my main setting
Mark

Good hunting there, Guv. Always fun to start out like that with a new machine. Looks to be one heck of a spot, too. HH jim tn

Hope you're doing well... Thanks for the pointers beforehand too...

Guvner..

:surprised: That is one fantastic day of hunting!

As an Etrac and CTX swinger for several years, I found it quite a joy to swing a much lighter Minelab for a change, or is that "for change", lol.

Very nice finds. Looks like that ground is tough on those oldies! Carry on mate! Starting to get a real feeling for the Nox!