Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with Safari

metalviking

Took the Safari out on it's maiden voyage today. I used the tips I've learned from this forum and put them to use. YES the Safari is not a turn on and go machine. I blacked out everything from 32 and lower. Went to a picked over park and in an hour of hunting found three memorial pennies and an old Jack Daniels belt buckle. I did everything I could to try and ignore the TID's and listen to audio that had consistent tone....and it worked. If I didn't know any better, I would have been digging EVERYTHING. Once I get more comfortable with it, I will go back and hit the deeper targets. Can't wait to go back out!!!

MV- Congrats on getting your feet wet with the Safari. You may find it'll take from 30-40 hrs of usage to feel comfortable with it. I'm still experimenting after 3 years. I don't rely solely on the audio response,but use the tid another source of information on a target. Simple process is to take a mixture of worn silver and clad coins, toss 'em on the ground at your site (noise cancel at each change in ground condition-and see how they sound and read (both in audio and tid feedback) . You may find comfort in knowing that nickels tid at 14-15, IHs 32-34, zincolns 34,wheaties 37, clad dimes 37-38,silver dimes 38-39, clad quarters 38, silver quarters 38-39. There are other posts in this forum from many users and the coin tid results like I've just posted.Try the coin id testing in both low density (slower processor algorithm, for less trash areas,but more accurate tdi) and high density (faster algorithm in trashy areas,slightly less accurate tdi ).HH

Congrats on the new machine , i'v had mine now for about a year and am still learning new things with it about every time out , I think I'm getting the hang of her though (-:

Went out again today...34 degrees....and windy...sucked. recovered 1.08, in clad a metal ring, a dog license, and an old heart shaped pendant...not too bad. Blacked out all but 14, 36,37,38,39
Dimes were consistent 37

Sounds good. Are you learning what those targets sound like? Concentrate on that. Try to predict what your target is before you look at the screen and then again after you take a peek. Say how deep it is too. I know it sounds kinda lame, but it will make you better quicker imo.