Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Time Out With My New Explorer SE Nets Silver- Also My Evaluation of the SE

Dman

I have been metal detecting for 35 years and I have always used a White's Metal detector. I had talked to some people who own an Explorer SE and they had nothing but praise. After seeing what was being found with the SE, I decided to purchase one. I metal detected in the factory preset settings and was not overly impressed with its performance. I will reserve overall judgment until I can set it up for deep detecting. It is not a complicated machine to use, nor is it intimidating as some people say. It is easy to to learn the sounds of each object as you go over them. It is also easy to distinguish between a ghost signal and a good signal. I tried the SE out around two old houses and detected the 1923 Mercury Dime and the 1907 Indian Head Penny at 8 inches. I found 6 clad quarters, 6 dimes, 27 Memorial pennies, 6 Wheat Pennies dating from 1939 to 1951, a 1944 nickel, and finally, a 1941 and a 1944 quarter. I normally hunt for Civil War relics, but the woods are too full of ticks, mosquitoes, and snakes. I have a few old houses that I have permission to hunt during the off season and will have to be content with that. These items came from two of those houses. Thanks for looking.

Well, it did detect a dropped .577 cal. Enfield at 10 inches in dry soil on a CW Battlefield. I think it will go much deeper in saturated ground. We will try a CSA Camp next week.

hi dman, that's quite a haul you have there. i'd say the se is doing great! a fella i know recently bought one and hasn't had much luck with the factory settings either. it should do well relic'n too. hh,