Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time I have ever been really scared while detecting.

7centsworth

I was hunting spot that I have only hunted once and that was last year. I saw the owner a few months ago and he asked why I never hunted it. I told him that last year the corn stalks drove me crazy. This year it had soy beans. I checked Friday and it had been harvested. I got a couple of hours today to hunt it and that field is big . It will take me a while to hunt all of it. I hunted it today found one dropped 50 cal some horse stuff and some whats its. I found the dropped 50 at the end of the hunt. The next time I go I will concentrate on that spot. Now for the scary part. When I got there I wondered were his german shepard was as he had one last year. He was not home so I thought it was with him or had died. I was heading towards the truck so I could go home and get ready for church at 6:00. I was about 500 yards from the truck and I heard a bark. I looked up no big deal it was his really really old golden retriever. Then I heard and seen another dog it was the german shepard coming at me growling and barking. Then out of no where this pit bull comes out of the weeds to its left and it was really angry. the german sheoard I thought maybe I could calm it down as I had seen it before but the pit bull was coming at me and barking and growling . I thought this is not going to be good . I turned around and was going to try and make it to a tree or something . I grabbed for my lesche also. When I turned around for some reason the pit bull took of running were it came from. I thought someone must have yelled for it. So I headed for the truck . Then the german shepard came at me again this time I thought I am either going to get bit or pet this thing. So I got down and baby talked it while it was growling and barking at me. I rubbed it and it still kept barking but it was now my buddy . I kept rubbing it while I started towards the truck well here came the pit bull again. I tried to baby talk it . I think it was as unsure of me as I was with it. It kept its distance but followed us to the truck. GOD called that dog away because there was no one else there. I think the pit bull was the neighbors across the field. Thank You JESUS for keeping me safe. I have to admit that was the prettiest pit bull I have ever seen. I have been around them before but I always knew them. This one I did not. I kept my pants clean but I almost didn't. I usually carry a pistol one time I don't and whooo.

Sounds like one heck of a morning. Glad you got back to the truck. Maybe a call to the owners next time before you become gap dog bait.

The german shepard is his and it doesn't bother me . The pit bull is someone elses.

Holy cow Travis that was intense to read and a Blessing all rolled into one! What's even more ironic is I know EXACTLY where you were because I remember when we crossed the street you pointed to my right and said that once the Soybeans were out you were going to hit that as well. Wow! Hey, congratulations on finding the dropped 50 cal... and for the Lord sending angels to ward off those dogs! I'm sure that wouldn't have been too good for Zane had he gone so it sounds like it worked out perfectly in the end. Glad you're safe brother, God Bless!

Greg

I didn't have Zane because I knew he had a German Shepard. But that is the place.

Yeah if you were carrying a warning shot might have ended it quickly. Glad you are safe.

Yes, Praise the Lord for He is our protector and met your needs! Maybe the German Shepherd will be your friend the next time you go :detecting: Hope so anyway and as for the Bull Dog, I don't trust them nor the German's unless I know that they are friendly! These two and Rottweilers I would never have as pets, but I prefer cats to dogs, except for a few smaller ones!

There was one time when I was detecting alone and a man mowing near where I was at had a dog and the dog didn't like me being there and kept barking (not a good bark) and I was leery of it, but never came real close, so I was okay! But another time, before my ex left, he and I were detecting at a place near the railroad tracks that we never had been before nor have since, and while down inside the area two dogs came after us, and we had to back slowly to the jeep, keeping our shovels in hand and detectors out in front of us! The man who owned the dogs was looking for them and they had gone on from where we were, as they had gotten loose and very dangerous to any children that could have been around (thankfully Tami wasn't with us that time). Later, a man was jogging upon the hilltop above us and they came back and were chasing him...he got so mad and started throwing anything he could get his hands on while yelling at them....they didn't get him....but it was close! Hope the owner found them and got them where people were safer! I am so glad that we know Jesus and know He is our protector and provider when we can't protect or provide for ourselves! God is good and is good all the time....as Mike always says! Amen! :angel: Ma

After a while he got the feeling of being watched. You guys know the feeling. After digging a coin he looked around and saw someones head duck back behind a building corner. Well after that he started slowly hunting back to his truck. Soon enough there were 3 watching him and they weren't hiding! All he had was his L. digger and a sharp probe. He sorta tricked em enough to get inside his truck and took off. Said they had him pretty worried didn't know if he was going to make it.
He said there's something about temptation. That park was loaded like no ones hunting it. Can you figure why?

Happened to my ex and I in a North County Park in a bad area....no one had been hunting it either from what was found by us for a short time! In a car parked not for from us came was several young men and they were drunk or up to no good, so my ex said we had to leave because he didn't trust them from the way they were acting, so we left and never went back.....for shame, too, as we were sure it was a very good hunting place! But better to be safe than sorry! Glad this guy escaped safely! :angel: Ma

the quiet ones are the ones that get ya(and the little yappy dogs)! I have trained shepards and rottweilers , the only dog I was ever bitten by was a little yappy poodle!!!!!

chuck.

Yeah I have a Doberman and he has never bit anybody.

That is a bull dog he was a pit bull. That is a good looking bull dog though.

I have been around them a lot but never had one coming at me mad. the ones I was around were nice. Ths one thought I was not suppose to be there. He was doing his job , protecting the land around his house.