Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Silver with Ace 250 4 in one:cheers:

Cayenne

Took about ten min. Out in front of my house today and ace sounded on dime and bounce between a penny and a dime.
Pinpointed and to my suprise about 2 to 3 ins. dug up 2 dimes and 2 pennies. Felt good just to know I was able to pinpoint right on target. The way it bounced I thought all I had was trash. Good hunting All. Love this Ace 250.

Nice. What years?

Uh...anybody wanna break the news to him about the silver content of 1990's dimes???

I'm sure by silver he meant coin that was not a penny.

Coin spills are sometimes very tough and I have passed over more than a few only to go back to find what I had missed. It takes practice and patience to become proficient. Also remember that your detector will usually only signal the closest target. This morning I dug a couple nasty corroded zinc cents to find they were masking 3 quarters and a dime.

Cayenne, a few months ago there were 4 or 5 new posters who posted that they would never be able to pinpoint, and that they were digging huge holes only to find nothing and on and on. These guys are now digging some real treasures. It took much less than two months too. I think you should find yourself becoming proficient after about 10 solid hours of hunting and digging coins. Watch the pinpointing video. Read John Edmontons post about pinpointing which I found very helpful. Keep sensitivity lower to start. In a week or so you'll be posting a lot more finds.

Chris

I was definitely one of those people digging man-hole sized holes to find a penny. Thankfully where I live it rains four-hundred days a year so digging is easy and not at all time consuming.
The pin-pointing is the one skill that will throw you a bit....I still have some "moving targets" that I swear pin-point in different locations depending on where I am standing relative to the target.
Just recently I started using a probe to try to hit the target before digging. Just a piece of welding rod that goes into this soft dirt easily. Scratches the coins up pretty good but zinc pennies aren't de-valued too much by being scratched.
You will be surprised how quickly a probe will be one of you essential tools once you start using it.