Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First silver of the year!

Ted S

I made it out Sunday morning to an old park that is around 13 miles away from me. I really didn't want to go as it was only 39* out and a northeast wind around 15- 20 mph. This park has been pounded pretty good since metal detectors came out! Signals were few and far between and I was digging a few clad coins here and there. As I was getting cold I thought that I would make one last pass. I got a nice high tone and it was bouncing between 26-32 on my 600. I dug a nice plug and put my probe into the hole and it was sounding off pretty good. I carefully took out a bit more dirt and I caught a glint of silver! Sifted the dirt with my gloves on and out pops a 1912 D barber dime! That there made my day! Hunted a bit longer and called it a day. I'm glad I went because we have been getting snow here all day! HH! Ted

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 131
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 131
I made it out Sunday morning to an old park that is around 13 miles away from me. I really didn't want to go as it was only 39* out and a northeast wind around 15- 20 mph. This park has been pounded pretty good since metal detectors came out! Signals were few and far between and I was digging a few clad coins here and there. As I was getting cold I thought that I would make one last pass. I got a nice high tone and it was bouncing between 26-32 on my 600. I dug a nice plug and put my probe into the hole and it was sounding off pretty good. I carefully took out a bit more dirt and I caught a glint of silver! Sifted the dirt with my gloves on and out pops a 1912 D barber dime! That there made my day! Hunted a bit longer and called it a day. I'm glad I went because we have been getting snow here all day! HH! Ted
excellent !....you still got the touch....thanks for posting !

After a second review of your original post.... I love it...! You made a good effort to find treasure. It was almost freezing temperature.. and with high winds, the wind chill factor must have brought it down to just below freezing. Then... After a FEW HOURS of crappy weather, you decided to make one last pass, and pulled up a decent 1912 Barber Dime...!!! So then you called it a day and went home. BRAVO..!!! That's a well earned. Dime..!!

Nice find and braving the elements but sometimes it’s worth it for sure!
Mark