Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First silver of the year!

Ted S

I went out for a couple of hours yesterday. The first place I stopped was a cornfield. I was only hunting for about 15 minutes when a county deputy startled me and asked what I was doing? He said it looked like I was laying on the ground. I told him I was coin hunting. He asked me if I had permission to be on the property and I told him I did. We had a little talk as I had graduated with the county sheriff and the chief deputy was a good friend of mine. He left and I recovered an old rivet. I was in field 1 with 5 tone. Later I recovered an old shot gun shell. I was getting tired and got a real loud signal. I pried out what appears to be well worn large cent. I will soak it in olive oil to see if any details remain. Then I stopped for a short visit with my aunt and uncle. Got permission to hunt my grandparents house the was built in the 1890s for later this year. The ground is soaking wet. On the way home I stopped at a field that was once a ball diamond and hit by every detector in a tri-county area. I knew it was a trash infested site so I went to park 1 and sensitivity at 22. I recovered a 54 rosey and a couple of memorial cents. I was pretty tired and called it a day. I think the Equinox 600 is doing what it's supposed to and I think it will be just fine!

Nice any silver on a hunt is great!

Thanks guys! I have permission to hunt a house today that was tore down about a week ago,it was built in the 50s. I know there was an older house there in the 1890s. Itis across the street from the old hotel,there was also a depot nearby and an opera house! I love my research!

Went out again this afternoon for about three hours. Park 2 sensitivity 21 and 5 tone. I got a 63 Washington quarter,a worn 1903 Barber quarter,4 orange nickles and a corroded wheat or Indian head. I also dug some junk but you always want to dig those iffy signals! My old tail is dragging it isn't fun walking in mud! It was 44* with a north wind...This machine is working pretty good!

Nice those settings are exactly what I use and have suited me well!