Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First silver of 2011

Bob in SoMd

Hey all,

Got out for a bit after work to take advantage of the warmer weather. The last couple of times out have been clad-city and only a couple of wheaties. Today I had been out for about 30 minutes and got a solid 40-45 hit at 5 inches and decided to give it a shot. Glad I did! Though I ran smack into a 2 inch diameter root, I finally saw some silver peeking out. It was actually completely under the root but luckily the ground around it wasn't too difficult and soon I was looking at a sterling bracelet - probably a kids - with 3 rocks that have been etched with the same design. Two of the rocks were missing. The artist left his mark on the back.

Not sure what type of stones they are. Anyway, it was a nice first silver for this year!

[attachment 185819 ImportedPhotos00002.jpg][attachment 185820 ImportedPhotos00001.jpg][attachment 185821 ImportedPhotos00003.jpg][attachment 185822 ImportedPhotos00006.jpg]

Congradulations on the persistant dig. You got rewarded on that one! The silver should spur you on for a few more months, maybe carry you through the winter times. Keep digging. HH EZ

I bet that was one pretty bracelet in it's day. Congrats on your first of many silvers for 2011. HH and thanks for posting, Nancy

Yukon Bob,

Congratulations on your find. Any Silver is always a great find !!!!! :thumbup: CCH

Congrats on your first silver of the year nice find .

Harold

Thanks all! Scoured the area again today hoping to maybe find another piece and believe it or not found a tiny piece of the clasp...lying right on top of the dirt pile! Ran the MXT over it and it gave me a low tone...really making me think about where my settings are. Think my discrim has been a bit too high lately (above 2).

Looking forward to some warmer weather. Hey CCH - how 'bout sending some of that warm gulf air up this-a-way???

Good luck to all!

Bob