Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First set of batteries on the F75

I wanted a new machine as a backup to my explorer SE , so i got to handle a F75 at treasure week this year so i decided to get it,what a light unit and the batteries well they last forever compared to the explorer.The pic is a photo of the good stuff i have found with the unit so far the deepest target being the barber dime that the depth gage said it was 12 inches but i think it was really closer to 10 inches when i dug the target,I think the picture shows 31 pieces of silver that i have found with the F75 so far some jewelry and mostly coins, that does not show the almost 100 wheat backs that i have got with the 75, with the 75 and my explorer i have 116 pieces of silver and close to 500 wheat backs to date this year . most of the coins the two walkers and the mercs come from one spot and most of them were not very deep at all,on the average of 3 to 5 inches they have to be the shallowest silver i have dug in a long time , the v nickel hit a solid tab reading and it was about 8 inches , as for the buff nickles they hit around 35 on the meter but were only about 5 inches.I can not comment on how Indian heads hit i have yet to dig one with the 75, i figure i just have not yet walked over it , So if you are thinking about getting a 75 they are a a sweet unit light fast and the batteries do last forever in it ..Thanks for looking ......

Mark in Columbus Ohio

I also have a SE and been looking at Fisher detectors. I love my SE, but the weight kills my elbows (tendonitis). I'm looking for a second detector that I can use as a back up and as a primary dry beach and a little wet sand hunting. I've mostly looked at the older CZ-70 and CZ-3D, but wouldn't mind looking at a F75. The only thing that concerns me with the F75 is EMI that people complain about on the unit.

hi mark!..terrific finds and nice goin'!..have you experienced any interference issues with the detector?..generally how do you set it up when you are hunting a site?
thanks!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Good post Mark. Sounds like your doing well with the 75. BTW...it WILL hit indians. I've dug well over a hundred with it..................... :) Streak!

Great bunch of finds there Mark, fantastic WTG:thumbup:
Glenn

hi mr streak!
can i ask you the same question?..have you had a lot of interference issues with the 75?..generally what settings do you use at various sites do you try to stay uniform in your settings from site to site,or is that impossible with the 75?..thanks for your input!

(h.h!)
j.t.

My explorer-2 got to me as far as weight and balance. I like it but it's been mostly collecting dust for almost a year.
Picked up the F-75 and some Tesoro machines - I'm hooked on the light weight and better balanced machines. Have to save my elbows and wrist as I age :blink:

my settings at 99% of my sites are:
2F tones
85 - 90 sens
0 disc when I can run it (but often 6)
DE mode about half the time.and Je mode the other half

If.....If..I run into a site where sensitivity issues are a problem.......I will use DE.....and keep the disc settings above 5 to keep the F75 out of "enhanced" mode. I NEVER notch...........as I want 100% of the targets from any given site, and dont want to really discriminate at all.
I prefer to call any noise "sensitivity" noise......as the only time I ever get any is when I invoke JE mode or enhanced mode (due to my Disc settings)......and the ground comes alive. That only happens on rare occasions though, and I am able to use Je mode and 0 Disc quite a lot. I takes a bit to get that brain trained though............but I'm SOOOOO used to it..............its no brainer now.
I use 2f as I think any of the higher tone settings produce more high tone falses, and as I said earlier............I DONT want to lose a single target......so tone ID is useless to me. I'd use mono tone but that requires you to keep your eyes glues to the screen and I dont find that much fun. I DO use AM often though where RF interference may be a problem..as AM runs smooth as glass.....and it doesnt seem to have any issues in areas that affect disc mode.
I run a high sens setting as it doesn't seem to make the machine a bit more unstable.....but it DOES make it deeper and more sensitive. Having said that though........I'm not opposed to turning down the heat when conditions warrant.
I try to run o disc as much as possible.....as it gets me targets that any other disc setting will miss. (verified by countless side by sides in the field)
I try to go by the K.I.S.S. method.....and find that the simplest methods and setting are almost always the best. Keeping it simple and the same from outing to outing allows you to spot and learn patterns you might miss if your all over the place with the settings. Streak!

Streak has it pegged nicely with his "K.I.S.S." method. Although I personally use 3h tones about half the time and 2f just about all the rest, Streak's settings and reasons are are excellent advise. HH jim tn

hi streak!
thanks for the most valuable input!..i will try am mode to see if it will run stable!..

(hh!)
j.t.

i agree with Streak's analogy. I have used the same settings consistently and they work great. He should patent the terminology of the K.I.S.S. method. I generally use 2 tones for relic hunting, but use 3H for coin shooting. JE mode seems to work the best for me. Great topic guys!