Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First real hunt

MADCLADDER

Well today the weather was warm enough to get out. I took my new 705 out to a playground/park/soccer field/ frisbee golf/ kind of place. I hunted for two hours and found 4 cents. My buddy with and 10 year old garret scored about $200 in clad. I know I am not adjusting this machine right. It beeped every few inches, even in the wide open areas. After comming home and re-reading the manual, I believe I had the sens. up way to high. I know this machine is much better than any 10year old detector, so the fault has to be mine.

Now you want to talk about DEEP coins??? One penny was a good 3 inches deeper than my Lesche digger!!!! I found a piece of pencil eraser metal over 10 inches on the chips!!!!

Since it was my first outing, I wasnt expecting much. I'll keep trying, but I was overall not very pleased with myself. As many times as I have read that manual I should have been more able to use the detector

2012 total .04 :clapping:

Don't worry! My very first trip out was a bit frustrating. Was never confident that I had set everything correctly and spent alot of that afternoon tinkering and pulling out my owners manual every 10 minutes because I felt like I kept forgetting something. I didn't find much of anything that day. Keep at it and read Digger's book.........and camp out in the FAQ area..........and apply what you've read in the field. Your 705 will find you plenty of treasure! I'm still learning mine too......but I'm pretty comfortable with it now and definitely have confidence with it that I didn't have a month ago. Looking forward to hearing about your finds......:detecting:

Yeah I aint whooped yet. My other machine was pretty much turn on and go. So this "modern wonder" for now is a bit over my head. But I do like a challenge. I am assuming having the sens. up too high, was why it was so horribly noisy. I'l be checking the FAQ page, yet again

yup the other guy,even with a 10yr old machine knew his machin apparently. that makes a difference. learn yours and youll do the same.:thumbup:
you got to learn to "speak" its launguage... good luck!

Stay in there John!! Maybe next Friday I can get with you for awhile for some in the field training.......Mark

Thanks Mark, Paul kicked my tail with his old garrett, I am looking for payback. I know once I learn the 705 I'll enjoy detecting more. I sure miss the coin ID on the old whites. No biggie just got to get used to it. I am going to set on program for relic and another for more trashy coin areas. I can use the all metal for old home sites. I am also thinking a 3khz coil might be helpful in the trashy areas

Same boat as you- miss the Whites-the meter and the trigger. The 705 is light enough for me to use though.
Just experimenting in my yard for the time being.
You did mention some pretty impressive depth though!

I'll venture to say that you would be hard pressed to ever beat an analog Whites for speed with targets 3" and < unless you have a giant long dexterous thumb.

Well I went out today for an hour and managed to set the ground balance, sens, threshold. I added another 15 cents to the coin count.

4 pennys
1 dime
1 nickle
Also found a very deep old belt buckle. I'll try and get a pic up tonight

GTzer said:
Same boat as you- miss the Whites-the meter and the trigger. The 705 is light enough for me to use though.
Just experimenting in my yard for the time being.
You did mention some pretty impressive depth though!

I'll venture to say that you would be hard pressed to ever beat an analog Whites for speed with targets 3" and < unless you have a giant long dexterous thumb.

Loved my whites MXT meter. But This machine is SO light I'll not go back

What is your setting and ground balance? I hated my xterra for a few weeks. Now you would have to beat me up to get it.

Cant remember off hand. I am closer to the hate stage as of now. HAhahahaaaa Oh well pratice pratice.