Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First post.

Aussie Chris

G'Day all. First post here. Have been snooping for a while. Live in Australia and have been detecting for 25 years. Some of you blokes know me from the other Garrett forums. Started with a Garrett Deepseeker in 1981. Now have an Ace 250 since Feb last year when I thought I would give this treasure and coin hunting a go. Have done OK out of it with about A$18,000 in money and jewellery finds. Have a gold machine that I dust off the cobwebs on occasionally. Have zinged 14 1/4 ounces since 2002 on the fields. Got two rug rats, a missus and enjoying doing stuff at the moment.

Catch ya's later.
HH
CHris.

Nice to see you over here too. So.....what was your highest amount of clad you got in one hunt this past year?????? Please do tell!

G'day Chris.
Thanks for dropping in.It's always good to see another Aussie posting here.
It sounds like you are doing alright out of the hobby.I've been at it for about 4 years myself now, off and on, but it has been the last 12 months that I've really taken off with this hobby(since owning an X-terra and now the Ace).Both these machines give you good feedback, which inspire confidence = enjoyment. I'm just a whisker off reaching my first $1000.Who knows, If I stop buy stuff for the hobby, it may even pay for itself one day.
I'll look forward to reading your posts.
Mick Evans.

First off nice to meet you. Now for the plan. You send me two. plane tickets one each for my wife and I, put us up for two weeks or however long you want us there, and I'll be your treasure hunting buddy.
P>S> please make sure you have us when the weather is warmer than it is here in Canada.....DEAL OR NO DEAL?????

G'Day Mick. Thanks for the hello. I was the one who wrote the Gold Gem and Treasure article for October on the Ace. I have another one going in in Jan with some of the big finds made with teh Ace.

Chris.

G'Day Johno. Good to see you over here too. Still sitting on A$144.12 in one day. Still sitting on A$7,950 for one diamond engagement ring.

All with the pocket rocket Ace.

Chris.

Sorry dude, there is a queue. You will have to get in line. It is going to be about 36 degrees celsius (about 98 F)over here, is that warm enough for ya ?

Chris.

G'Day Jude. Wouldn't call meself a pro. Maybe a bit silly in the head for sticking this sometimes frustrating hobby out for so long ! ha ha

Chris.

That was a great article Chris. I look forward to your article in January. Phil asked me to do the same, but I don't know how to go about it. I've learned a few tricks with the Ace, but they're not things that you can fully rely on. I also had a rough patch there for a while, which sapped some confidence to write an article.However during the last 10 hours of use (I've got about fifty hours on the Ace now) I'm finding that I'm instinctively digging up a lot of 5 and 10 cent pieces and I've hardly ever done that with ANY detector before.
So far my finds stand at $125 with Ace, but $90 of that has been in the last 2 and a half weeks.This is a great detector and hopefully I'll be able to oblige Phil when I've built a bit more experience.
Tigermoth had good things to say about you, and from what he has said, Your posts will be great reading. I look forward to reading them.:thumbup:
Mick Evans.

Hi Chris the only way I'LL get a sunburn is staying under the lamp to long:devil: to sum it up wet cold very cold and damp
nice to hear from you
Cheers
Kenny P.S. Lucky Bugger

Good on ya, m8. I for one would love to see some of your pics; you, the family and your treasure.