Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hot:

TNHunter

I went out in East TN and met Ironman & Richard from Backwoods detectors for a Saturday hunt. It started out well as I found 3 ringer within the first few minutes. I then found a j hook and a couple pistol balls. I was in a section of a field I had hunted before when I got a good signal on VDI around 46. I dug a plug and rescanned the hole and now VDI was solid 94. I was already about 12 inches down. I used pinpointer and my Lesch digger to loosen up some more of the soil and removed it. Richard came over about that time. I could see some green patina in bottom of the hole. I used my pinpointer on it but it did not give any signal. I checked it and it was just dirt with the green patina stain on it. Richard swung his coil over the dirt I had just removed just as it crossed my mind that the target was out of the hole. When We sifted thru the dirt out come this disc. I started the happy dance & I was shaking so much I couldn't talk. I had just recovered my first breast plate. My 13yo son was with me and we both did the happy dance! Once i got it home and washed it off I could see WM Smith Brooklyn on the back. Just goes to show you a site is never hunted out. Thanks for looking and HH.
Paul

That is a nice find. That is what I tell my wife all the time I want to find.

Congrats, that great looking Eagle Plate after being in ground. I remember my first plate I dug over 33 years ago, only 10 years old. Chuck

WAY TO GO PAUL !!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping::wiggle: ( Happy Dance )

Congrate on your fine. hope to see you and richard this sat, get the old gain back !!!!!!! last sat. i was puting the Christmas Tree up .
[size=x-large]GREAT FIND[/size]

BOB T.
1954 STREETROD

Nothing quite like that first plate, buckle etc. I remember well the first eagle breast plate I pulled from the ground in Richmond, Va. Due to the sandy soil in the Cold Harbor area it looked like it had been dropped the day before. Way to go. HH TomB

[size=large]Paul,

Super Find !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This man was shaking like a leaf.. him and his son were both tickled to death... That is what it is all about... Having fun... and it hard to put into words what pulling a piece of history out of the ground is like...
Too, I can't believe that Hershel and Ironman had me digging iron and liking it... You folks are too much.. I wish I could hunt Saturday but got to work....
Bobby, Saturday is your day, I can feel it...
God Bless all you folks, you are great to hunt with...
Richard[/size]

Thanks for selling me my detector and showing me how to use it. I learned everything from you!
Paul

Great plate. You don't find many people that are willing to share...let alone take you under their wing. You got lucky all around. Nice catch. Congrats!

Awesome day, awesome story, awesome find . Way to go .

Congratulation I still remember my first eagle plate over 20 years ago just like it was yesterday!!!!!

WOW WTG HH..........DAN

Congrad on first plate. I remember my first plate I dug over 37 years ago just like yesterday with my father near Fredicksburg Va. Chuck