Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FIRST PIECES OF JEWELRY?

shawn1

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE EVERYONE TO FIND THERE FIRST PIECE OF JEWELRY? AND WHAT WAS IT. AND WHERE DO YOU RECOMMEND TO GO TO FIND JEWELRY.

Well, I have still to find any GOOD jewelry, but I would suggest Tot Lots, Picnic areas, or beaches...beaches probably being the best places.

BH-LandStar

YEA THATS WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO PARKS, BEACHES ITS JUST THAT ITS COLD OUT RIGHT NOW SO CAN NOT HUNT AS LONG AS I WOULD LIKE///

Found my first piece of good jewelry in a county park, on the grass, near the swimming beach area. It was a great hunt. In addition to the nice sterling silver ring with three diamonds mounted on it, I also recovered a little over $9 in change. I had hunted for nearly a year before I found the first ring. I can't explain it, but after the first one the others have come rather quickly. I think it has to do with becoming more familiar with what your machine is saying and also becoming more skilled in the hobby. I really enjoy finding jewelry, my wife thinks it's great too. She wears my first find with pride. The other jewelry has been found in city parks and at the beach.

I have to tell you though I find it in terrible fashion to detect at the beach, while bathers are still trying to enjoy themselves ,so that you have first shot at any finds. I have witnessed this many times ; a detectorist right on top of the general public ...I see this as in extremely poor taste. I always lay back in the background until the beach empties and I have plenty of space and do not get into there faces. Keep in mind that I find plenty of stuff in the background too. I say use alittle common sense and keep the hobby safe from more restrictions ....... am I right people???

I would agree...If you have to be right on top of the bathers while they are trying to enjoy themselves, your just an accident waiting to happen...Some big brute is gonna knock your lights out sooner or later...to me, that would be like saying, "I am a thief just waiting for you to drop something." There is plenty of time to hunt after the good folks have left the beach for the day, or get your lazy butt out of bed and hunt before the beaches open up in the morning...I would rather be out when no one is on the beach...watch where the folks are during the open hours, then come back to those spots after hours....I would not want all the kiddies coming up to me asking if they can see what I found, If they can try out my detector, if they can have one of my finds, if they can dig for me, etc...Not that I do not let them from time to time (Great way to promote the hobby, but it gets to be outrageous sometimes)...I would rather have peace and quiet to hunt in. One Tot Lot I hunt has a ton of kids of all races...They have gotten used to me being there...they have asked me questions and followed me around before...I have let most of them take a shot with my detectors...Now it is old hat to them and they leave me alone most of the time...I still remember the one little boy who asked, "What is he trying to find?" Another little girl answers, "Chuckie Cheese Money!" :rofl:

HH,

BH-LandStar

I found my first piece of jewelry in my front yard... A 10 krt gold plated ring..Two of them actually....Then again our house dates back to 1870

HP
damn dog

hello shawn and everybody, my first jewelry find was a ladies agnor belt buckle shaped like a horseshoe and gold plated. sometime in 1981, i would guess. you can find jewelry just about anywhere. of course the best places to go are where large concentrations of people have been, especially females. hh,

Well Shawn, it did'nt take long for me to find my first piece of jewelery, after I tried detecting for something else besides Nuggets. Reckon it took about 10 hunts before my first Gold ring, it was 18k with 5 small diamonds. My best ring find was an 18k diamond cluster ring, value $5,477. AU. My wife wears my second best diamond ring find an 18k with a .34ct princess cut worth $2,500 AU. The first was found in a tot lot the others at Surfers Paradise in QLD Australia. I've put you onto the best techniques etc in the PM. Live your dreams! HH regards Nugget.:detecting: