Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first outing 15 inch mf coil

petew

Only had my xterra a month,came stock with a 10.5 Mf. Got my 15 mf. Today and air test the same as my Dd. Exacly.so coverage is what I got.that's ok tho,I wanted that.pinpointing is ok,I've been off an inch or 2 but I'm not us to the xterra yet.overall,if you want more coverage go for it,depth just buy a 10.5 dd.

Air tests are NOT representative/indicative of actual field conditions. That coil is capable of a significant increase in depth of detection out in the real world.
Get some more time on that coil and you'll see.

Yeah you might be right cause I did Chase a few signals over 8 inches and my pinpointed was chirping,I just got tired of digging and filled the hole in.I guess I'm gonna hafto get one of those little shovels and see what's down there.

More than once I've almost given up on deep signals because I was in over 12", but I'm glad that I was driven to find out what had set the machine off. The 15" LF practically lives on my 705, and I use a custom small shovel most of the time because of the depths that I find good targets.

I think of my 705 similarly to a "reliable witness". If it says it saw something, it did. But is it always what it thinks it saw? Not always, but most often it's at least close If I've done my part.

I purchased the 15" WOT MF nr 33 when it was released a couple of years back. Very good coil,its deep and cover a lot of ground fast. Howewer,I havent used for a year until now on my new fields where I only used smaller coils due to all the trash,well if you call iron trash :) Putting on the biggy one helped me find some deeep good stuff,but separation is not the best in infected areas,that is of course caused by its size...

Took the big coil out today and hit a signal,well signals.so I pinpoint which has been good to me on this big coil.dug a 6 inch plug and stuck the pointer in plug and hole,nothing.dug a few more inches,pointer gets a weak signal,figured iron.so I dug some more for the he'll of it and not one but two met vs come out,I swear it was 12 inches down,I couldn't believe it.I'm having trouble loading pics with this phone but I'm gonna post a pic of this hole and the mercs. If anyone is wondering about the depth claims on these coils,I have the goods to prove it.my numbers bounced from 34 to 38 but we're solid sounds.

When I got my 15" WOT (3kHz) last month, I tested it out in my yard the first evening. One particular place, I kept getting a solid, if narrow, 42-44 signal. However, no matter how I dug, I didn't find anything.

I spent this afternoon winterizing the garden and lawn and decided to give it a go with the shovel at that spot. After much sweat, it turned out to be a large, bright-green copper canning lid flat on the bottom of the hole...pretty dang near to 30 inches down. My detector probably thought it was the mother of all pennies; yes, these coils go deep (with the right target!)

I'm wondering how the heck the lid sank down that far, as I was completely through the top layer of soil and well into the heavy clay we often find around here.