Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first hunts of 08

INRelicHound

here are some photos from my first hunts of 08 and also the first hunt with my new cibola. the place i hunted is a field where a nunnery once stood in the early 1800s, I also just found out that the property was also the location of a hunting club at the turn of the century,which may explain the musket balls and powder flask. i pretty much eye balled the flask in a wash out on the back side of a hill, i went over it with my machine the same time i seen it sticking out of the wash out. so far ive dug a capped bust half dime,3 large cents 2 of them are 1840 somtings{cant read the last number on 2 of them} the 3rd one i know is a large cent because i can barely make out the "one cent" and wreath on the back and the bust is barely visible, its a bit larger than the other 2 tho. i have also found 2 IH cents and several lead pieces,including a flat lead piece that looks as if it had a coin pressed into it.you can almost make a bust out in the lead and its about the size of a IH cent. also various other whats its. it has been a very productive spot and ive named this spot "button hill" since ive pulled 26 buttons from there,mostly flat buttons. thanks for looking.

Now THERE'S the kind of stuff I like to see! Bravo!

Most of our local relic boys swear by their Tesoros. I'm a Garrett man myself, but I did have a Tesoro, briefly.

I also used the Troy Shadow X2 and really miss it for relic hunting. It died on me, unfortunately. I might have to get another one day.

We coinpeople wanna see pictures of those coins!

That powder flask rocks, man. I have never dug one, but a friend of mine and I bent to dig targets right next to each other, once, and he got the powder flask with the eagle on it, while I got a crushed Mountain Dew can! :cry:

[quote lordmarcovan]Now THERE'S the kind of stuff I like to see! Bravo!

Most of our local relic boys swear by their Tesoros. I'm a Garrett man myself, but I did have a Tesoro, briefly.

I also used the Troy Shadow X2 and really miss it for relic hunting. It died on me, unfortunately. I might have to get another one day.

We coinpeople wanna see pictures of those coins!

That powder flask rocks, man. I have never dug one, but a friend of mine and I bent to dig targets right next to each other, once, and he got the powder flask with the eagle on it, while I got a crushed Mountain Dew can! :cry:[/quote]

thank you for the comment. ive found 2 flask almost rite at a year apart,the first one i found back on January 16 of 2007 and then this one January 5 of this year. here is a pic of the other one along with a close up on the capped bust. ill start another thread to show off all my "keeper" coins for you coin guys.

n/t

That is REALLY great.

Thanks for the nice post.