Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with the Fisher 15" coil.....

nc-joe

Took the new Fisher 15" coil to my Union Campsite today. I think my arm is going to fall off! The coil does remarkably well on small and shallow targets for being a 15" coil. It did provide a more solid target ID on 3 ringers 10+ inches (this is really better than it sounds, in the river rock soil of this site the DFX would only reach about 4.5 inches, the Explorer SE would go 6 inches and the F75 with the stock coil would max about 10 inches but it would be REALLY iffy after 8 inches. I did go 13 inches on a 3 ringer with a pretty good signal (jumped 45-88 but was in the upper 70's and low 80's mostly) Although with the stock coil the 3 ringer would ring in about 56-64 and a WIlliams Cleaner 42-48 the 15" coil would ring them in higher. Down fall? Heavy. Not just a little heavier than the 11", much heavier. After 2 hours I was down right tired. Not sure if the gain in depth is enough to swing it for any amount of time. I was using it on a standard F75 and not the LTD. I am used to swinging an Explorer SE with an SEF 10x12 with a Sunray Probe mounted on it, so swinging a heavy machine is normal for me, so I was a little surprised when I had to switch back to the stock coil after 2 hours.

Thanks Joe, What about in a wide open field or on a beach? Do you think the weight would be unmanageable when a fellow can make long steady swings? Was your Union campsite open ground, or brushy? Hmmm...

Good morning, Is this year will be something that we all look forward
if you know something about:please:

F80 :
Multi Frequency with *TWO* speedy Fisher processors and the depth of the BP mode with a 15" DD Coil !

You gotta remember the F75 is made ergo for the 11" DD coil only. Once you place the 15" coil on,it becomes front heavy and unbalanced.....
The whole dynamics of the balance and swing changes.

Try shortening the shaft as to where the coil is just in front of your toes.Adjust so the coil is just a little above the ground. Arm should be almost straight with no lifting to swing...

cant remember the pic of those coils but does the rod attach at the center of the coil like on the SEF coils or the WOT? If not, thats a balance issue. Even the stock coil could feel all that much lighter if the rod centered up on the coil.

Just got my 15in does not air test that well but that means nothing, just got off work so cant really give it a good test i will soon tho :)

Greg

Greg, can you please post some comparison air test data between the stock 11" coil and new 15" coil?

Greg,

Also, please include your settings.....I know a lot of people are anxious to see the results. I do think that air tests are an important factor, not as important as in-ground performance, but still relevant.

Thanks!

Took mine out yesterday for a test drive thru the coin garden and around the property (f75se w/15"). Usually run 90sens/13-15disc/de or bp/, on the deeper coins that are outer-limits/iffy with the 11" coil, the 15 hits solidly with a few inches to spare before going iffy. Dug a couple pull tabs at new record depths. Due to the weight, its kinda slow going. I got this thing to use in some hunted-out parks around the area and maybe at the beaches.

I hadn't given much thought to the 15" coil, but I have at least one spot that coins are real deep and that "moose" just might be the ticket. HH jim tn

wharghoul said:
Bump......

No comprehensive field test yet?

Kind of amazing considering this thing has been out for a bit and some folks with a FT inside got them early.

I know some areas had weather issues, why not send them to areas that don't. FT should get a few California field testers, good weather almost all year round, a variety of soil conditions from mild to wild, beaches and turf, relic and coin hunting......sigh :nopity:

n/t

work driving me nuts and it was 80 today... its not lite thats for sure but it is a 15 inch coil.. I got about an hour with it so far, nothing special yet to report.

Pinpoints just in front of the lower shaft about the same as the stock coil.. pulled a penny and dime both about 6-7 inches,

Just need time to hunt and will take some notes on settings etc and how it handles as i get some more time with it,

Greg

Consider getting Doc's Swingy Thing. Approx $40.00. Good quality item. I own one. Set it up right and it will make the unit light as a feather. Kind of gets in the way when digging though. The digging inconvienence is far better than causing permanent injury to your shoulder from the big coil.

Yep, it's heavy enough to flex the detector shaft when swinging. First time out, had to switch arms for a bit, but then was good to go for a couple hours. Can kinda float it on top of the grass to offset some of the weight if your arm needs a rest. Get two seperate beeps for coins when they are on the surface. Pinpoints just like the 11", adds 4 inches of depth on coins and deeper i.d. Found pull tabs at all new depths, still digging about everything just to make sure right now.

Sorry I haven';t been on here in a while, work has been super crazy. Decided to sell the 15" coil and the buyer will post his results on here, too. It's actually well balanced and my Union campsite has tall grass and short grass areas. The "swingy thingy" would be a good addition if you plan on swinging all day. I used the coil in both grass conditions, and found that about 2 hours was enough time and had to switch coils for a while.

Happy Hunting.
Joe