Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Hunt With My New F75

Randy In Kc

I chose to go to a nearby park that had the Battle Of Wesport roll over it during the civil war and constant usage since then. I Have found a few keepers off and on. Was impressed with the F75. Dug a couple of tin scraps and this this ring hit at 5 inches using the start up factory program. I pinpointed it and it was on the end of the plug cone when I swung it back. (it says 936 inside which means sterling I believe?) I also dug several more clads at nice 5 inch depths. I did not know where minie balls come in so I might have hit some and not knew it. Will have to look into that. The unit ran fine, I did lower the sensitivity to 60 at this site. The unit seems sound with no wobble in construction and none of the battery rattle others have described. The battery compartment has two pieces of black foam in it and I wondered if this was an addition. Hunted about two hours on a nice day here, about 75 degrees and sunny.

Summary: good depth vs my mxt I have been using, light weight and solid construction as far as a short 2 hour hunt can prove. Will monitor for any problems. Best of all my arm does not hurt at all today. I broke it several years ago and usually after a few hours hunting it complains the next day. :twodetecting:

Very nice getting a silver ring the first time out with your F75, congrats. I would guess that is just the first of many other goodies to follow. I have found the F75 to be a pretty amazing detector. Good luck and HH jim tn

n/t

I agree with jbow - most minnies and other types of bullets read in the copper penny readings on my Whites. If your in a dry area, I would advise slowing down you search sweep, and watching for copper penny readings - good luck - nice find

if you hunting a good site, with any historical value or context, you gotta dig it all!!!

I haven't found any minnies where I hunt, but egg sinkers of a similar size come in the upper 50's. Really large egg sinkers can come in the low 60's.The type of pulltabs I get come in the upper 40's.