Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with a loaned 6" coil - back to the grassy strip.

JimmyCT

MikeK from Ohio loaned me his 6" Equinox coil and said, "see what you can do in that grassy strip" I spent several hours slowly scanning the area where I found the silver (posted below)
First I receive a TID of 18 and pull out the small metal rod. I then scan the area again and receive a solid mid-tone / TID of 12. No more then 2" deep, out pops the Shield Nickel its well worn to the point I can not obtain a reading on the date.

The funniest part of all: A guy stops to talk to me and basically laughs right in my face saying there is nothing in the place. I LOVE when they tell me this LOL It tells me right then and there to completely ignore them. Anyhow, I allow this guy to blow out and deflate his know-it-all ego. He rides off into the sunset on his moped thinking he just convinced me that there is nothing in this place. (I can't contain my laughter and burst out laughing after he leaves) All that I can state is that the jokes on him!

Equinox 800
Settings:
Park 1 - Multi freq
50 tones
F2 iron bias - 0
recovery - 3
"all-metal"
Very slow coil speed.

Attachments

• IMG_0764 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0764 - Copy.JPG
    485.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2241 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2241 - Copy.JPG
    861.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2244 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2244 - Copy.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2290 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2290 - Copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
Well your off to a good start with that small coil!!! There is more goodies just waiting for you to pluck them from the ground :) Congrats on the shield!!! I haven't found one in years.... Might have to come up there and do some hunting with yea :)

Mike

come on over! I’ll take you to the hunted out field I went to today 🤣

Well your off to a good start with that small coil!!! There is more goodies just waiting for you to pluck them from the ground :) Congrats on the shield!!! I haven't found one in years.... Might have to come up there and do some hunting with yea :)

Mike

After YOU'VE CLEANED OUT that area, then show the know it all all your finds from there... he'll be there the next day digging everything that beeps!!!
You sure made a good decision to disregard what he said and find out for yourself if anything is there!!
That 1882 Seated dime is killer!!!(y)(y)(y)

Really like the 6” coil my Dads borrowing it now as his 11” ears broke and he was down without a detector.
It’s a great water coil smaller less resistance in the water.
Mark

MikeK from Ohio loaned me his 6" Equinox coil and said, "see what you can do in that grassy strip" I spent several hours slowly scanning the area where I found the silver (posted below)
First I receive a TID of 18 and pull out the small metal rod. I then scan the area again and receive a solid mid-tone / TID of 12. No more then 2" deep, out pops the Shield Nickel its well worn to the point I can not obtain a reading on the date.

The funniest part of all: A guy stops to talk to me and basically laughs right in my face saying there is nothing in the place. I LOVE when they tell me this LOL It tells me right then and there to completely ignore them. Anyhow, I allow this guy to blow out and deflate his know-it-all ego. He rides off into the sunset on his moped thinking he just convinced me that there is nothing in this place. (I can't contain my laughter and burst out laughing after he leaves) All that I can state is that the jokes on him!

Equinox 800
Settings:
Park 1 - Multi freq
50 tones
F2 iron bias - 0
recovery - 3
"all-metal"
Very slow coil speed.
Congratulations on that Wow strip of dirt! Outstanding!
Tony