Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt of the new year....

fwcrawford

I searched an old school that has been giving up some silver coins lately and hoped to start the year off with at least one silver coin.
This site did not let me down.
My first silver find was a 1919 mercury dime.. 101 year old today!!
Later on I found a 1945 mercury with a wheat penny and what I believe is the remains of a 1943 steel penny.. all together in the same hole.
After that things slowed down, but I was finding some clad now and then and an occasional wheat penny.
Later in the afternoon, I got a nice deep signal and started digging and recovered a deep wheat penny.. I rechecked the hole and got another wheat penny followed by another and another.
I kept recovering wheats hoping some silver was also in the hole and low and behold, when I pulled the last target out of the hole, it was a 1942 quarter and two more wheats stuck to it.
These coins were about 9" deep.
All together I got 8 wheat pennies and the silver quarter out of the hole.
I ended up with 16 wheat pennies including the ones found with the quarter and a good count of clad too.
Not a bad way to start the new year!
Early on I found the round musket ball pictured.. not sure how that ended up here, but I'll take it too!!
Thanks for looking!!

Congratulations on continued success in that old ballfield. You were smokin' today!! Happy New Year - 2020 to you! I have a great feeling you are going to find more silver there.

Congrats Felix on a great day!!!!! Nothing like pulling silver out of the ground :) Great Digs!!!!!

Mike K "Ohio"

Nice New years finds!
Mark