Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Generation Excalibur

JimmyD

I have an opportunity to purchase an original 1990 era Excalibur that has not been used for 10 years. It is the kind with the horseshoe shaped coil. It will be very cheap. Will this be a good saltwater beach detector or should I hold out for an Excalibur II.

I just bought a used Excal here - love it. It's not first generation, but even if it hasn't been used, as long as it hasn't been abused, it will likely be a good deal. I would request at least one picture of it; you might need to replace the battery, but it's an electronic device - only moving parts are the knobs; so it should work. Really good deal can mean a lot of things. There isn't a warranty on it, so if you want to experiment with putting waterproof connectors on it in order to change coils, or different headphones on it, you won't be voiding any warranty. Then, if you decide you don't want to keep it, you can re-sell it here! :crazy: Low financial risk, high probability of working well = if I had the $ I would go for it

:ban:Check the seals you may need to put some silicone grease on them since the machine has been setting that long. Sounds like you have already found treasure. May need a new battery pack. HH :minelab:

and then tell me who's selling it.

These work excellent.I had one, and among over 100 gold rings ,I also found over 100 war of 1812 buttons ,in the water.-good luck,and try toget the manual for it ,then study it.

I just got pictures of the unit. It looks clean and I asked about it. The guy says it was used three times then put in storage. It is on its way to me.