Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FIRST FIND WITH ACE 250 PHOTO ATTEMPT

I posted the description of my first find recently, now I'm going to attempt to post a photo. My cameras DL to Kodak EasyShare software, and the photos are stored on my hardrive, so there's a start.
I realize now that I should have adjusted KB size in the camera rather than attempting to do it (first time for thsi also) with the Kodak software. Of course, if I knew how to resize it in "Paint" or the old, never used, version of Photoshop I have installed on this computer, I wouldn't have this situation :nopity:

I hope the photo will depict all items: 3bottlecaps,one Nylanut, one-half a snap from a tot's clothing, one bolt-cut shackle,
one 1989 nickel, and one 2006 penny.

I did end up resizing the original1.01MB photo in "Paint" after all, because the resizing in Kodak software was still insufficient.
Look at this - not only learning MDing, but how to work with images!

Think I'll drop Kodak for Photobucket.

This beez kewl :clapping:

HH
Mike

PS - looked at my Canon SD1000 camera manual to see if I could retroactively change the photo size on the camera's card, then delete the original photo from my hardrive, and then DL the smaller image to the 'puter. I haven't found that option but it definately would've been a McGiver way to solve the problem.

What's the relationship between pixels and KB's, anybody???

I owe it all to you, Uncle Willy - you came through with the simple solution that I followed.

I'd like to send some warmth from south Florida to you, but even down here we're at (probably a record-setting) 20 degrees with the windchill factor.

Global warming? Yeh, right. Like Gore invented the internet.

Thanks again, my major Guru.

HH
Mike

PS - the St. Augustine grass down here is a b...h into which to cut a plug !

I do all my resizing with Irfanview. Some people don't llike it but
it suits my needs and the best think about it is its a free download and
easy to use. Quite a few libraries around here use it as well. No one to
my knowledge has ever caught a virus from downloading it. Its a decent piece of
software.....unless your into doing all that creative stuff with photos and then you need
Photo Workshop.

Katz

WTG looks alot like my first finds!! Keep at it!! :thumbup:

From the land of the Bluenose.....got the King of Beer in a good light. I use photobucket and find it okay in that all the different codes forposting a photo are on it. Miss being able to use the Olympic software for the touch ups though. Keep at her me bouy!