Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First detecting video

grahamp

Hi all, I done some field work this evening and some filming, here is my attempt at recoding my Tesoro in action, I hope its any good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqiLTh5UtLM

Hi: Liked your video and Tesoro is an awsome detector. I did notice a few things that I wouldnt do as i own a Tesoro also and please dont take this wrong as we learn from each other as we do our hobby. First off i hope you own the property you were detecting cause if not even if its an open field we all cover our holes so that we may return to some of the same areas without angering the landowner or leaving a hole for someone to trip and fall when walking. Just my own advise. Second as I have been detecting also for years if I am in an area with possible good finds I slow down my swing speed and overlap my swings I learned to do this as I have noticed that by doing this I increase my chances of not missing some really good finds. I have found alot of 1800's coins by doing this. I am really amazed and wondering how you did your camera to make this video:) It sure was focused perfect. It was a good job in filming. Love to see more videos from you. Your fellow detecting friend, Dan P. S. Also I didnt mention that sometimes when i start to find old coins i slow down to turtle speed youll be surprise how many more good finds you can get:) Thanks again for the good video.

Holes should always be filled, in the woods, fields, everywhere. The problem with this video is that it could give newcomers to the hobby the idea that it is OK to leave open holes.

Good replies, and 100% correct on the hole issue (forgive the pun) This is something, 'leaving open holes' that I have always avoided in twenty five years of detecting I've set a good example, but when I filmed this I have set a bad example as the viewer will not see me walk back to refill or the other circumstances that allowed me the liberty to wast some of my time refilling holes, not to be repeated.

Regarding the swing sweep speed, the camera is lying somewhat with the bluring, but I was swinging a bit faster than normal.

i really enjoyed the video. i have got started yet but can hardly wait.
i have learned from reading to fill all the holes you dig from reading
a lot of messages . thanks everyone . again great video

You were showing how fast and effective the tesoro can be in 10 minutes! I know what you were trying to show gramp.You made me dizzy.Thanks,it was fun!

Fill in them holes are else so do gooder will stop all of from detecting, it only takes one rotten apple to ruin it for everyone........PS been hunting for 30 years and fill all my holes......HH

One thing I've noticed with amateur YouTube videos is it's hard to hear and/or understand what the speaker is saying. So, to all the film-maker wannabes out there, do some experimenting with your equipment and listen to play-back's to find out if you are talking with good volume, pronouncing words clearly, or mumbling a lot !

Todd :)

I run the Tiger Shark. I saw and heard you march right past some of the signals that if I slow down sometimes turn into a digger. Sometimes they don't but sometimes I find I would have missed a goodie. Don't know if yours acts similarly or not. Just an observation. Thanks for filling in the holes. We all have to monitor one another to keep spaces open for us to return to. Fun video to watch..Thanks...Jim