Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Day with Explorer II

JimmyD

Just got a used EXP II from one of our club members who upgraded to a SE Pro. I thought i would give it a try. I was extremely frustrated by the machine and gave up on it and went back to my MXT. After a couple of hours at a very trashy site with lots of digging, I thought I would try the advanced learn mode and scanned a silver Merc and silver quarter. I walked back and forth without a whisper which is almost unheard of with the chatty MXT. After 20 minutes I had a signal and dug up a 1944 quarter which is my first in about a year. Needless to say i am going to love the EXP II although I will keep my MXT. They make great companion detectors depending upon your location, type of hunt and conditions.

I have an Explorer II as well and got frustrated with it but I hung in there determined to overcome it. Takes some time as it is a hard learning curve compared to most of the previous detectors I have owned (mostly Garretts). I still have a lot to learn and have had mine for about 2 years now. I just need to get out more and use it more to understand it more. A suggestion is to get the book by Andy Sabisch on the Explorer and E-Trac detectors...a wealth of information in there to help out. Also I would suggest watching some nice videos at the MLOTV website (use those letters followed by dot com). Do a search there for Explorer and you will find good videos on how to get more from your machine.

Thanks for the advice. I did read the Explorer book and I am really understanding the machine. The second weekend out I found a Merc so two silver weekends for me is rare in Charlotte. I still like the MXT for the beach which is lighter and easier to use. Hit a gold ring last weekend with the MXT. They make a great pair of detectors to have.