Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first civil war button

TNHunter

I went out Saturday to try my M6 I bought from Richard at Backwoods Detectors. I bought it last year and have been coin shooting with it but wanted to try it out relic hunting. Richard took me to a field in East TN and within % minutes I had found a Burnside cartridge. About one hour into our hunt I got a good tone on my M6 at 4 inches. I dug a plug and checked the hole and got stronger reading on the M6. I carefully scooped out the loose dirt and set it to the side. On top of the loose dirt I saw a button. Once I brushed off some of the dirt I saw large block I on the front of the button. I did the happy dance then ran over to show Richard. I later found old pocket knife and another unidentified brass or copper object that may be off of a saddle. Thanks Richard for the great hunt! I'll try to attach some pictures.
Paul

Paul, Great button and I am glad that you had a good time...... Going price on that button is $135. Not bad for the 2nd time out relic hunting....I have a 5.3 coil waiting on you.... too I have your shovel in the back of my van.... HH Richard

Congratulations on the Confederate button! It's a Cast I, designated CS 184 in Albert's button book. Very good hunt! Congrats to you both.

Richard

thanks everyone. just got email from whites that they want to use my story on their website and send me a $100 gift certificate. Man what a week thus far. Thanks again to Richard at Backwoods Detectors.
Paul