Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Cibola Find!

Molinari

The excitment is uncontainable, and since everyone I've shown has only responded with "eh", I had to tell a group of people who could appreciate the thrill of one's first find.

Yesterday, in a small field by a pond I decided to do some digging with my Cibola. This is my first real trip outside of my own yard where I had the time and weather conditions to actually search the ground correctly.

The very first beep was a nice solid tone and in the first plug (about 5 inches deep) I uncovered a small 22 caliber bullet, that looks to be from around the turn of the century! Perhaps this is common, perhaps some might consider it trash....but to me, it's treasure!

If anyone knows of a good reference book or internet database for identifying old bullets, I'd appreciate the tip. Once it's identified I'll post a picture with the attribution information.

I now know what it is like to scope out every area I pass by and imagine the countless items waiting to be dug up!

WTG!!!! The Cibola loves lead, brass, and copper.
Greg

Just spoke with a friend of mine who knows bullets- apparently, it's not as old as I'd hoped (copper casing over lead core), but I still love it!

NJM