Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FIRST CACHE!!..ALMOST:clsoedeyes:

OK, went to this old field where there was an old house site. At the back of the property there was 2 trees, and a path leading to one of the trees, underneath the tree with the path leading too it was a big red rock. i thought to myself: "now this just doest look right" so i moved the rock and swung my ACE where the rock had laid. sure enough, i get a huge signal. right against the tree, i start digging and i reveal a lid to a jar, i feel around the lid and sure enough, theres a jar attached to it! while digging i accidentally punctured the lid so i decided, if this is a jar of silver i don't want to wait im digin it out NOW! so i start digging out the jar while it lays in the hole....NOTHING completely empty! LOL, i pulled out the jar, it was quite old.. maybe someone came back and dug it up? got there cash before they moved... something. anyway, has this ever happend to anyone?
also.. i posted this pic of a button i had found recently, i would like to know if anyone has found one.

I Did Find a Cache In My Back Yard
When I first got my Ace I was working my backyard and got a huge hit. 6 inches down I hit the lid. Excitement rose as I saw the jar. I pull it out and see baggies. More excitement rise. Then I see a KMART tag. It turns out, it was full of fishing lures and weights. I got to figuring that my brother used to live in a trailer next to my house. His dog had a big hole dug where he would lay a the back of it. That jar must have dropped in he hole and got buried. A call to my brother confirmed it was his. That was my first cache metal detecting.
[size=large]My first REAL $$$ cache[/size]
When I bought the house I live in was putting paper in the cabinets. In the top shelf of one at the back was a half pound coffee can full of newer change. I saw a piece of a baggie sticking out. When I pulled it out it had some nice silver coins, some wheat

yeah, i thought i e-mailed you back...hmm, but yeah, im gonna stop by monument around 7am on Saturday, and just meet you cats. but i have to work at 9am, so i cant hunt with you guys....bummer!:thumbdown: but thanks for the invite!! my dad is going to hunt with y'all i believe. his screen name is TEXAS TH'er, i think you e-mailed him as well. another thing i wanted to tell you was, when i was talking about starting a club and all that jazz, what i really want to do is just get together and shoot the breeze, maybe share some finds and tips as well. also, maybe put together some group hunts where we could get into places we wouldn't be able to get into otherwise. does that sound at all interesting?... also, it kind of sounds like you guys already do that. how often do you meet up? i just got back into detecting after getting my new ACE 250, (before i had the GTA 1500x) so im trying to get together with other TH'ers in the area and do it as much as i can, and try to save a little history before this place turns into a concrete jungle!

Ive had that exeprience too. Jar lid with glass attached and then - nut! I have never found an empty jar buried, but several tops, with missing bottoms.