Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Barber Half

jabbo

in the last 25 years. Searched in a corn field today and found only 2 metal buttons in the first 2 hours. Then I saw something near the woods, walked about 150 feet to see what it was and began searching there. Got a good signal in All Metal mode and out popped the half from about 7-8" deep, knicked the edge with the shovel. What a pleasant surprise to see silver, it was the only coin I found there today. Been to that corn field about 6 times, found several King George pennies and about 10 flat buttons. I knew silver had to be there, don't know how I missed this coin before. New Jersey. CoinStrike with 10" coil.

Very nice find.
I have yet to find a half that old.

Wow! That's A Great Looking Barber Half! Lots Of Detail, Way To Go! I Found An 1894 Barber Half And Will Never Forget Seeing That Eagle As I Picked It Up Out Of The Hole! Congrats :thumbup:

Sweet find!

This coin was within range of my detector but I think it was laying at an angle because of how the signal came in. Then I reburied it laying flat at 12", couldn't get a signal in either mode. I reburied it again at 10" and got a mixed signal worth digging. Could be smaller silver there yet but if deep and at an angle they may not be detectable until the soil is tilled again by the farmer.

Congrats on the good looking half! My one and only half this year was also a 1902, but yours looks to be in nicer condition. Cool find!

That's a beauty. I've found one 1906 Barber half and it still puts a smile on my face when I look at it.

Very nice find !! :cheers:

The Barber half dollar still eludes me .. :cry:

Jabbo, way to go, Ive gotten two barber halves, both on return trips. I actually ignored each first time around, the signals where so strong I thought they where beer cans. -in the end the way they lit up the machine , I had to have a look and wala! again congratulations! CO