Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finished the entire park

steve in so la

I have been detecting this small park for some time now and finished it today. It's around 125 ft X 125 ft in size, has 6 trees and a flagpole. You can see the areas marked off as I did them. I went there about 7 times, 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours each trip. Here's the layout on an open manila folder.

33eopvt.jpg

And here's the take - 313 coins, 3 silver jewelry , no gold , no old coins.

wceidv.jpg

Over the years I have detected fields this size and much larger. They are intimidating at first but I just make a map, including way points or recognizable things and mark off the hunted area after each hunt. After a while you will see patterns develop as you go. On this site I was finding a lot of coins just to the right of the flag. So when I was all done I went over the hot spot again and dug 6 more coins.

Here's the sterling from my hunt.

oqhmr5.jpg

Good luck hunting - think about these huge areas. You can always keep them on the back burner until you have no other hot spots to do. Steve in so la

To the right of the tree. :big grin: Ya done well. I like that big silver ring. Congrats.

That is dedication in gridding to find all that you possibly can and to know where most coins and items are lost! There was a man who belonged to our MD'ing Club when I belonged who did that when detecting Forest Park...and I don't know if you have ever been in this park...but it is huge and very old...the 1904 World's Fair was held there! Well, when he got through with one area after detecting it very well and he was good at it, believe me, he would map it off and even had all the coins and misc displayed on tables! His finds were very old and many very valuable!

I don't think anyone would enjoy trying to detect at your park for a long while and I don't think many would have liked detecting Forest Park unless they knew exactly where he scoured the grounds and hadn't! He is a big guy and not many if anyone bothered him...guess he is still living....he got married and they had a child with Spinal Bifida and it was so sad! I think they finally separated but not sure as I quit attending the Club Meetings and even the Club Hunts about 10 or more years ago and maybe even longer than that! I am happy for you, Steve, but I would have liked to see you get at least one gold from that park...but maybe the next one will produce more precious metals goodies including gold for you! Keep on, keepin' on for Jesus and :detecting: for those oldies and coins as they all add up even the clads! God Bless! Amen! :angel: Ma

That is a great way to hunt a spot. You sure did find a lot of coins. Congratulations