Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fine art sold in snowstorm (in Canada).

Arob

On Jan 1st at Randy Potter's auction hall in Port Hope Ontario, thirty original works of art from well known and respected early 1900's era painters including what's his name Krieghof, E. Conyers Barker and Norval Morrisseau were auctioned off ... in the middle of a snowstorm... for less than full market value.

Canadian Fine Art is treasure in the basement. Read Dumpdiggers JAN 2nd, 2008

If you are a painter, photographer, or amateur art collector, or one who collects fine art professionally as an investment, Canada is the place to buy authentic fine art cheap. Especially during inclement weather. I am going to start buying Canadian Fine Art (watercolors, oils and acrylics on canvas) paintings - its cheap right now, and it's certain to appreciate.

Below is the painting that Marshall Gummer paid four hundred dollars to possess. Its called 'Caledon' by E. Conyers Barker and its an image of the historic Ontario small town (1.5 hrs north west of Toronto) that was recorded in watercolours in the year 1929.

Was this a good investment?

would be up to the individual. The one I passed on that I truly regret was an original oil painting by Red Skelton that I could have gotten for around $500 at the time, but I would not make myself do it. He died two weeks later, and that painting went up to $4000. I like fine artwork, but it has to mean something to me before I will even consider it. Then you have got to write on the back of them a note to you kids to please not sell them in a garage sale two weeks after you die! :lol:

Some of the best pictures we ever hung up around the house were from free calenders that we got at the feed store or drug store...one year our insurance agent gave us a calender with beautiful wild flower pictures. I also remember the time that Debbie and I bought a picture and frame at a fea market for a couple of dollars...had a nice picture frame and the picture was a model A Ford three engine airplane flying over a train. Say, from time to time, some of the ice houses will have some home made painted pictures, usually paintings of wild flowers, hanging on the wall near the cash register that they sell for high dollars, sometimes as much as $200. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I'm not sure if its a water color or oil paint but it sure like it. I can almost feel the mist on my face. George-CT

think it was oil painting. Water colors are mostly pastels, I think. I'll take a shot or two of mine I like! :) Thanks for sharing! :)

Read your said again "thats gorgeous George" and then click on the link i put up:biggrin:
Just me being goofy;)