Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds from the yard, continued

PAshooter

[attachment 94837 DSC00124.JPG]
This is everything I found on my last hunt (over a week ago!)...3 clad dimes, a clad penny, an old axe head, the usual molten lead and lead chunks, a railroad spike, an empty .45 casing, and some other junk. The iron pipe, capgun barrel, and square nail (in upper left) were all found behind my friends house later that evening.

Notice another weird brass piece - shaped like a 3-d plus sign (near center, bottom) - I'm going to have to try and put them all together some day ;)

Thanks - I've been trying to roughly date the axe-head based on shape, no real luck yet though.

It's strange, all the brass shell casings I find - my house is inside the city limits, after all! It was built in 1901 by the railroad for one of their managers, apparently the railroad had a big operation at this end of town. The tracks used to run at the edge of my backyard.

Nice axe head. That's more rust then I'm used to seeing on that type of axe head. I take it, the soil is not so good to your finds? We have some areas here that just kill the coins and steel. But other areas are sweet! Good hunt though! HH