Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds from 6-8 & 6-9-09

DJR

Hi all

Thought I would share my 2 finds that I finally took photos of. Both items were found in swimming areas in freshwater and rang up in the silver zone. The German pin object is the one I am curious about. I believe it is zinc and has had its pin replaced however the pin attached looks to be brass and older than any new pin material. The lettering across the top separated by the Nazi symbol reads "seefahrt" "1ST NOT". On the left bottom side reads "TAG DER DEUTSCHEN". On the right bottom side it reads "seefahrt 25 265 1935". On the reverse side under the what appears to be a replaced glued (the glue or epoxy looks to be sorta old and yellowing) on pin reads "REDO SAARLOUIS". The 2 "A's" in the previous word appear to be upside down "V's" not "A's".

The Dad key chain "fob/charm" appears to be a silver plated copper piece. It did have a key attached to it. This object was ringing all over the place on the ID so if anyone ever gets those types of hits...dig anyway...I believe it was because the key was brass the "fob/charm" was copper/silver and the ring key attachment at the top of the "fob" is stainless steel.

If anyone knows there German I sure would like to know what it says and or what the item is.

Thanks

Don

Nice piece of history there! The key fob is real nice too!

Go down to item M 315 in the tinnies section.

http://www.bcx-iii.com/medals.htm

Chris

Thanks Chris!

The ACE is finally starting to find some nice things. Either that or I am in better locations and maybe getting a little better at learning the machine? :bouncy: I also found some clad coins and a few of the pennies I just priced are close to uncirulated condition/MS-60's and the 1968D is worth about $12.00. Two of the other coins are worth $7.00. So I guess my 2 days off were somewhat worth it.

If anyone out there knows the German language and can translate what the pin says I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Don

Coins that you dig out of the ground would not qualify as mint state. You might get lucky and score an AU. I don't know where you're getting prices for your coins but a 1968D cent is MS-65 is worth less than half a buck. MS-65 is an almost perfect coin. It would have no wear at all and only very minor contact marks. Also has to be a nice strike. Original mint luster is a plus.

That pin would make my weekend if it was all I found. Try an online translator from German to English or post it on the Whatzit forum. Some of those guys can identify (translate) anything.

Chris

some great finds there. the finds are a combination of the two, you are getting better with the ace and the location is always a great factor in what you find. good job.

bill:smoke:

Good find!:thumbup:Yeah man, just try like an online translation tool or somethin'. I might throw you off with my rusty G.I. German. It's been about twenty years since I was last in Deutschland.:biggrin:I would guess that "seefarht" is sea fairing, meaning naval. "1ST NOT" is the division/military unit. "TAG DER DEUTSCHEN" is day of the German/German day? That last one is probably their unit slogan/motto. No clue on the meaning. In fact I could be wrong all around. Just my best "uneducated" guess.:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

Thanks guys

cwilk

The 3 pennies have slight marks no doubt but the one 1968D from what I saw with the loupe has no marks at all and was as if it came straight from the bank and dropped. It barely needed any cleaning off as it was in the water. I did look the coin up again in another book and it can range from $4 to close to $12. Depends on who and how it is rated. This is from AU50 to the MS60's.

I could send a photo but I know as I have seen on here the photos don't show the coins well at all.

I don't plan on selling any of my loot anytime soon anyway:biggrin: Its all mine!

metalhead I tried deciphering the words and that is what I pretty much figured (what you have come up with) but I definitely have no German language knowledge.

Don