Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds from 1920's park :detecting:

kurt-ks

Hello All,Went to old park in woods today,found some jewelery pieces and allot of Wheaties,oldest being 1926.And a old token of some sorts ,says good for one dollar on one side and motel corporation on the other,its very corroded.Had a great time spent about 4 hrs there ,very peaceful even made friends with a squirrel he kinda kept following me through the woods LOL.Sorry the pics are not very clear, camera is not that good, so used Tabdogs hint and used a jewelers loop on small pieces (thanks Tabdog)The park was built in the 20's and relocated in 79 due to bridge over creek to dangerous.Problem is the only way across is a log(the one in the pic).So probably has not been detected to much,haven't seen any signs of anyone being there,its been rough because of under growth and such in the last 30 plus years.Hope you have a great Monday--Kurt :beers:

Looks like you got a good spot there. I would hunt there as often as I could especially in the fall when the chiggers and ticks are not around. Good luck and HH Ted

Wow, what a neat place.

You can hunt that for years and not clean it out.

It looks like a challange, but that's what we are faced with.

I bet there are some very nice finds waiting.

Don't think you have scratched the surface wet.

Best of luck with the new site.

HH,

Yes it has been very challenging,considering there is :pulltab: about 6 per swing!!And we had a bad ice storm in Jan. so moving allot of limbs to work the spots.Even took a chainsaw out with me one day to help clear some brush.The land is owned by county and have written permission to be there,There is about 2 acres of camping area,including old tot lot and concession area just have to find it.Found some old pics of place but has changed allot over the years.--Kurt

Looks like a great place Kurt...

I got all the way back to a 1940 wheatie! LoL
My oldest coin for the year.

Sounds like you'll get into many good things.

HH
rmptr

Thats how to do it. Find the places no one else has thought of or knows about.

Good hunt, congrats! I really like the rabbit, and the sea-saw. Sounds like you will be hunting for a while, Beale.

FYI the see saw is from a kids watch, it would teeter with the seconds. It was sort of a big plastic affair, but pretty cool. I had one when I was a kid. HH Joe