Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds for Thursday night and Friday.

buckrod

Each year a high school friend of mine and I going out for a weekend of detecting. Last year we were in a terrible accident. We stayed in a tent in a local park. There we huge trees in this park which we awaked to 90 mph winds. A tree blew down on my buddy. He got injured pretty bad. He got 6 broken ribs, severe nerve damage to his shoulder and 3 broken verebra and now has 2 12" rods in his back. He has very little mobility to his left arm. We decided not to stay in a tent this year. He did quite well for having use of only one arm. He got 2 mercs, 1 roosie, 1910 canadian half dime, ring, token, and several wheaties. The pic shows what I found.
Dimes were 20,27,27,42,51,44,43,26,19,11,44. Also was two war nickels 45-P and 45-D. Quarter is a 46. The horse coller looking thing is a pin. The smaller pin says Lutheran SS. Also showing is a 5 cent token and a good luck token which says Good Luck, Keep me and never go broke. I think there was a coin in the middle but was missing. Also were 59 wheaties and 4 canadian pennys. Will post the pennys later. Happy hunting to all!

You and your buddy did well at the site you went to by the looks of it. It is nice to see this many good finds found as it gives others confidence that there is stuff still out there.
Thought we would see you up at where James, Tim and I were on Saturday, but I see this was the weekend you get out with your friend and looks like you did better than us anyway.
Very nice collection on coins you have there Jon.

Rick

Looks like you guys went up north since there is a few Canadian Coins that is less common south of North Dakota. You have really taken to the Explorer since you have gotten it. Nice finds and Good Luck and HH.

A sad story buckrod and I am sorry to hear about your buddy getting hurt. Talk about a freak of nature accident. Glad to hear that he is able to get and still detect and still enjoy this great hobby. That is a mighty nice collection of silver you posted. Nice going........:) I hope your luck keeps rolling. HH.

Eddie

That is one pile of silver and biggest I've seen in a while. Nice assortment and the Lutheran Pin is a Sunday School Attendance Pin. I've got one somewhere from another church. Nice finds and you did good.

Awesome take buckrod! You are right about the "good luck piece", I have one from when I was a kid. They had a Lincoln Penny pressed in the center, and were common prizes at local amusement parks, and give aways from many establishments in the 50's and 60's.:thumbup::clap:

Some of them I understand had IH pennies in them too, but never seen a memorial penny in one yet.

It is true that most all lucky pennies you find like these are Wheats but they did have them with Indian Heads also. I am not sure if they were made that far back or if they were made the same time as the Wheats but they do exist.

Thanks, jb it was fun finding them. It has been so hot here that I have been hunting at night with a flashlight.
HH

Thanks Eddie, I think it is going to take time for the buddy to get close to normal but am glad to see that he hasn't lost interest in detecting. He found some nice items last weekend and there is alot of ground to cover yet so I'm leaving it for him to find the rest since he is closer to the hunting ground than I am. May get back there to give him a had if he pulls in too much.
HH