Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finding old sites to detect?

Corsairian

Howdy all. I'm still pretty new to this hobby and am wondering if some of you might help out with some info? Where is the best place to look/research for old school sites, churches, towns/bars...etc, to possibly detect. I am in Washington State, near Tacoma. I've looked online hoping to maybe find some info, but there's sooo much there, I'm kinda overwhelmed and I really don't know where to start. Thanks for any help y'all can offer up.

Cors

Try to find old maps and find out where the old parks used to be, There should be a map department in the courthouse or city building. That's where I found mine.

Thanks guys for the response. Didn't think about old maps. I'll give that a shot and see what I can come up with. Btw, I love my xterra 70's. Have 2 of them so the wife, son and I can have some quality time together. Great hobby! Thanks again.

I have friends and family in the Yelm area. Send me a PM and maybe I can hook you up with someone.
Mark

Lol, I would, but he's bigger than me, and really mean! You can see it in his eyes!

Hit your local library, Check with any historical society near you, go to the nearest coffee shop that has retirees in your area, Look up on the web for any detecting clubs near you. Any of these have potential. While at the library, look up the Sanborn Maps for your area. It should be in their data base section. HH

Will do ... Thanks Rivermarine1