Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

finally !

massdigr

I found my first pre 1900 coin with my Quattro. I was a 1899 V Nickle. I found it at a local schoolyard. I also found a Chinese coin like those on Angela's post. Still no camera so i cant post a pic. yet. Hopefully my kid will give it back so i can post my finds. It is in pretty poor shape I can barely read the date but still pretty exciting. Now all i need is to find some SILVER. The V Nickle was only about 4 inches down.HH All.
Rick,

Rick, Congratulations on the Nickel. I have my sites set on getting one of those. Which program were you using? I have not been getting many nickels with my Quattro. Not sure why. Every time I think it's a nickel it turns out to be a pop tab.

Bob

Bob,

I was in C/J mode with sens set to auto.It took a little coaxing to get a solid tone and a solid 15. It was kind of iffy at first. Good luck I'm sure you will got one soon.

HH Rick,

Bob,

I was in C/J mode with sens set to auto and using the 8 inch concentric coil.It took a little coaxing to get a solid tone and a solid 15. It was kind of iffy at first. Good luck I'm sure you will got one soon.

HH Rick,

Hello Massdigr, Isn't it a great feeling to find a pre 1900 coin?! But a Chinese coin??? Did the Chinese invade your area? It might be worth a bit of research, as you may find more of those coins. I know that in the 1800's the Chinese went to California for the gold rush, before they came here. (Not saying you're from there, but are you in an area that may have Chinese history.
Cheers Angela:detecting::)