Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally some softer ground here in Ohio.

MikeO

Staff member
Got out with my long time hunting buddy today and garnered permission at a home we had never hunted.
It’s not a real big yard at this 1880-1900 home but, big enough.
Dug a bunch of clad and junk. Two keepers for me were a really nice 1887 IH with a full liberty and a token “Good for one piece of gum”.
Not sure of age of token but I am guessing turn of the century-30s.
Glad to get out again with the previous rain really making it softer digging not to mention cooler temperatures.

Happy Hunting Everyone. 👍
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_4139.jpeg
    IMG_4139.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4140.jpeg
    IMG_4140.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
I'm always happy with a Indian, I put on the level with a silver dime, heck I'm happy with a buffalo most days
I agree. I’m just happy to be out hunting with my friend.

Looks like it’s in good condition with a very nice patina!
Yes, It’s in really good shape imho. Nice to find one that is in nice shape for a change.

Attachments

• IMG_4139.jpeg
    IMG_4139.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 37
A nice clean liberty on the headband and only one nick on the rim. A lot of mine tend to flake off the rim when I try to clean them. And that’s after letting them dry for a couple of days.

Nice finds Mikeo. Not sure what part of ohio you're in but i about popped both my shoulders out of socket on the first hole dug yesterday, lol. It's still bone dry here in nw ohio.