Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally my F-75 is a desirable machine

brokeinNYS

The past week opened my eyes and mind to the fact the F-75 is one hot machine. Prior to this new season which just began in snow country, I was frustrated in pin pointing and the constant chatter of the machine. Over the winter season I purchase the smaller coil, and what a wise choice that was for the following reasons. I will challenge most in the pin pointing targets using the small coil in - locating a target - digging - ease of scanning the dug soil - covering the dug spot and moving on. From my recent experience buying a pin pointer is not on my wish list at the moment.During the past week I detected a local ski slope area. Targets ranged from on top of the ground to 10 inches under. Using the "de" setup with three tones and wide open in sensitivity I was amazed at how many good targets I noted by hearing the "high" tone and the depth of some which should have been picked up prior by other detectors. Picked up a '51 dime and a number of coins in the '65 to the 1970. Scanning the surface holding the coil 6 inches or more above the ground i noted detection of targets many inches in front plus the same behind the coil, during the sweep. Question for those of you using the jewelry mode. Without any finds to date of jewelry items does the machine react with "high tones" in areas of known response to gold and or silver values? In coin mode the "high tones" are almost always a good target and should be dug.
Glad I had the above experience to change my mind on the value of the F-75 which previously wasn't being fairly rated high.

Glad things have turned around with you and your F75. I agree with your comments regarding the small coil. It just adds another dimension to what already is a pretty amazing detector. On the trashy sites that I am most prone to hunt I don't use the je mode, I use de and have found a good bit of gold and silver jewelry in de and 3h tones. HH jim tn

Yes it will hunt jewlry silver and gold hard..In DE and JE mode in any tone..the JE to me sounds a bit enhanced louder and harder hits..The small coil sees less minerals and can be cranked up
a bit more..I also found that 0 to 6 Disc with sense 87 up enhances the hit sounds..run JE if you can and give it a shot...Great for Tiny Targets...just remember a little is alot..and the lower Disc seems to get
an impressive Depth Gain with my experiance with either coils...More so than running Hi-sense andmid disc go with low sense and low Disc..Sounds like your doing great..some of the Faint iron grunts could be deeper targets..Its great in trash ..Dig a few and chekem out..the small coil and the F75 is a great combination....thanks for posting..

Good post.
On very small gold I can get numbers in the iron range trending upward in value, so I go zero discrimination and use discrimination and other modes to get a better idea of what just might be buried there.
Pretty impressive depths with the small coil!!
What is under the hood of that thing?

Sunny Jim

Having never found any small gold yet, I wonder if I could be missing some by not digging any numbers under 20. Has anyone found any jewelry at readings lower than 20?
Bart

Yes Bart
Settings

There have been some posts where rings came in at 12 and up in numbers. I think I saw a platinum ring that someone dug out that came in at 14.

Watch for ID numbers that do not repeat but are jumpy, trending upward to better values. Use the FeO Meter and Confidence Meter information to help sort out rusty iron that can jump upward too. 6 is a good reference for discrimination to see the tricky targets as they trend upward on sweeps. I would pump the stock coil up and down to look at the screen and try to see what the item read in at, trying to get a single number that was repeatable on the display long enough to read it.HH Two different targets near each other will give mixed readings sometimes so try different angles distance, edge of the coil to see if iron is masking a good target. In the low numbers (teens for me) the challenge is to separate the iron from distant/hard to hit good targets that in free air may read higher.

The low teens numbers have been ignored in the past by slow responding machines that said IRON. Those are good targets,
not Iron, man.