Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally...It's here

Shooter65

My new MXT 300 made it here today. Watched the CD that came with while I was putting it together. When finished I headed outside into the 6 inches of snow we have. 21 degrees and thought I'd better give this thing a try. Wow, hit the test garden and it found everything in it for coins. VDI is only good on some things to a shallow depth but I'm a tone person anyway and I'll dig tons of junk to get one good thing out of it. Next, went to a place in the yard where I planted a home made cache with a gold ring in it, some silver coins, some pennys of all varieties, a couple of pieces of lead in a jar with the usual tin lid. Buried it 16 inches. Turned my new MXT on, cleared the snow and got it set with the threshold turned down to a point where it was just slightly sounding like a little background static. Went over the cache area and wow, it got it with no trouble. I'm thinkin I just fell in love with this machine. Hit a little more of my yard and it struck up a few coins that I won't be able to dig until spring , but I know they are there now. Does anybody know how accurate the pinpointer would be at that depth. I should have marked the cache with a poker chip and wooden peg when I planted it.:rage: That old copper culture and fur trade stuff don't stand a chance now.:thumbup: Please make the snow go away!!!!!!!!!!

Hip hip hurray! I know you're going to love that machine! Where are you from? You can look up ghost towns, etc. in your area. We've got one close by, but not much there. No, really there's not. I've looked and looked for the ghosts and not seen a one. :look::look: :devil: The pinpointer is very accurate. I've dug big items out of the ground where we (mom and I) needed a 16" garden spade. Luckily it was in my mother's pristine yard and she was the one that insisted we dig it and see what it was, To our surprise, it was a 1963 license plate. Maybe the start of an old Studebaker? :rofl:

Congrats on the new machine. I've only used/tested the MXT when they first came out (have a DFX) and can tell you that it is one incredible product. After seeing all the results here, it is at the top of my wish list! Enjoy!

You will love it. I am in Sacramento CA, and I just got the same machine about a week ago. I have found a lot of coins and pull-tabs. Not any thing great though. Good luck.:usmc::cheers:

Hey Nancy, I'm from northwestern Wisconsin to answer your question. Up around Eau Claire. Hope you didn't hurt anything when you took your slippery bumpy bounce today. I hate rain caused ice in the winter.

We have lots of things to hunt up here besides ghost towns, all we need to do is figure out how to get rid of this cold, snowy weather. I'm working on a project for the State Park here locally, with items that I found on an old abandoned and long time removed railroad spur from 1900 that crossed the now Park property. It's going to be a big glass topped table with a scale model of the park in relief and an electric train that the kids will be able to run over a scaled route on the relief map. It's going to be awesome for the kids to learn about old Wisconsin railroads. It will also have some of the R.R.spikes that the kids can touch and play with as well as a wall display of the artifacts and relics I found. A narative will also be part of the wall display. A cool thing to help kids learn and all because I had a metal detector.

That is TOTALLY awesome Shooter! What a great way to teach our young people a bit of history and to preserve it for years to come. It will be neet for the kids to be able to touch the iron spikes and see how heavy they are, etc. Plus a little bonus of metal detecting here and there on the side. Just can't be beat! Please keep us posted when it's finished. We would love to see it. :cheers:

You try to stay warm and enjoy! Happy building, Nancy

Congratulations on your new MXT.....:clapping:...... You will enjoy every minute of it...:thumbup:

We are looking at 1 year until completion of the project and will have a financial meeting in January to decide how much coin the FRIENDS GROUP is willing to put into the project. I will definitely post some pictures when it's done or even as we progress with it. It is being built to match an existing table and wall display at the park. The table display will be of the park property only and not the surrounding area. It will have an "N" scale electric train for the kids to operate and the train will cross the park the same as the real life location and then the train will disappear into the side of the wood frame and come out again at the beginning point. I'm attaching a couple of pics of what's there now and we will have the new display match these closely. They look a lot better in person than in these pictures. We are also putting up signs on the trail crossings for the hiking and skiing adults to view the old roadbed on their nature treks. Metal detecting is an awesome thing to bring people together and to teach as well.

Nancy-IL said:
That is TOTALLY awesome Shooter! What a great way to teach our young people a bit of history and to preserve it for years to come. It will be neet for the kids to be able to touch the iron spikes and see how heavy they are, etc. Plus a little bonus of metal detecting here and there on the side. Just can't be beat! Please keep us posted when it's finished. We would love to see it. :cheers:

You try to stay warm and enjoy! Happy building, Nancy

Gotta second that! Great community project! Wish you all the luck in good finds.

Totally cool. Yes, please keep us posted on the project. (I love seeing the hand soap in the same picture of the animal poo. As a mom and a school cook it stood out and I got a kick out of it) Thanks and stay warm, Nancy