Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FINALLY, I GOT A#WAY FROM TEXAS, NOW MAYBE I CAN HAVE A NORMAL LIFE!!!

Cupajo

When basic training first phase ended at Lackland, I got my orders for Aircraft Weapons Training at Lowry Field in Denver, Colorado. This involved another 6to8 weeks of basic training and classes to learn basic mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and safety skills, among others. Phase three started after basic training was completed and involved learning about various aircraft weapons, delivery systems, explosives and safety related to each of these subjects.

On 9 July 1960 I climbed aboard a C-47 Gooney Bird twin engine propeller driven cargo plane, just about the oldest and best cargo plane our country has ever had, and took off for Denver on my first airplane flight! I was 19 years old that day and what a birthday present!!

As we flew along at a snails pace, I wondered where life was going to take me now. I had never been out of Texas and looked forward to seeing more of the world and learning what it had to teach me. I was getting farther and farther from the fear and pain I had grown up with. Now maybe I could have a life.

As we got closer to Denver, the

the kid's sgt. had some compassion and hope there are more out there that followed! :clap: Good story! :)

I'm certain there are more kind hearted people in this life than the media knows or seems to care abut.

The best one can do is to follow their true heart feelings!

It may take you to some different and perhaps unusual places and experiences, but good will always be the result if your heat is in the right place!

Cupajo

In a very interesting life. I enjoy reading everything you write....please keep writing my friend.

n/t

As I mentioned in another post, I didn't know how rich the experiences were at the time!!

Cupajo