Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got the new fuel gauge for my

I knew it got cold with lots of snow up North, but did not realize it lasted more than half a year. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

4 months of bad sledding Fred in comparison to your area. Hey, I got out 2 days ago when it got up to 44 degrees, but no sun. Heck I'lll try it out. Had to take a ride. I made a short loop and my hands got really cold. Heck I'll just grab my gloves out of the saddle bags. Wrong, they were not there. The second half of the loop I was carrying a decent clip of 55 mph and I'll tell ya, the hands were not to comfortable so I headed back to the barn and parked it. Felt good to get a quick ride in. Bike ran great. Still a fair amount of sand at the stop signs left over from sanding the roads and any water that ponded on the roads and trapped it. But as luck would have it, snow and rain coming in tonight, only and inch but thats and inch to much right now. Next 50 degree day, I'll get out again, but with gloves. The rest of me was warm. I usually can take a lot of cold, but ungloved hands don't cut it anymore. Arthritis I guess is telling me something. High test here is hovering around $3.59 to $3.79 a gallon. But even at $4.00 a gallon, a $20.00 bill will fill the tank with 5 gallons and I'm good 200 miles before I need to look for fuel on reserve. If I 'm on back roads and playing with the throttle, then we need to hunt for a station a lot sooner. It only takes a few minutes of the wind in your face, and your hooked all over again for another year.

All these years later and I've never tired of riding bikes. We started planning some of our road rides at the club last night for the 2008 season. We always have a 2 hour ride in the summer on Wednesday nights before the meeting from 6:00 to 8:00. And not uncommon to go riding after the meetings on really nice nights. Most of us are night owls anyhow and retired so no need to rush home. I want to flush out my brake fluid first real nice day we have and everything I wanted to do this winter on it will be done....

Keep the shiny side up and ride safe Fred. I'll get you a picture down there to of my bell on board.

George-Ct

This past winter it may have gotten down to freezing temperatures maybe twice at night. Our temperatures are already reaching into the 80 degrees...summer will soon be here. I have a very difficult time grasping what it is like up there where you folks live. Who would ever have thought that it would snow in April. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t