Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

finally got out

gwn

weather has just been terrible around here the last couple of weeks...today finally had a nice day and a day off. Went to the inlaws first. They live in a very old area of town and figured I would find some cool relics and I did...nice old military pin of some kind..havent had time to do any research but grey as you see in the photo is our county..will let you know if I find anything out about it. Also found another cool pin or clip on thing with the lady on it...I have no idea what it is ....another cool find was my first thimble...some promotional thing I think....It says cowans maple buds..badly bent...I might straighten it up and last but not least a tiny silver ring...clearly marked 925 and seen on my wifes pinky finger...very tiny and light..also an old lipstick tube...second I have found on their property. After that headed to the local park to work on the coin totals and found the 39 nickle..and the rest of the loot .....all in all a pretty good day for me...happy hunting

Looks like you had a great day. those are some nice old relics. Looks like the badge is a WW1 collar or cap badge.:thumbup:

Be careful tho. Maybe a little heat first?

From Google. I didn't look it up:

The Grey and Simcoe Foresters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1917, Private Thomas William Holmes of the 147th Grey Battalion became Canada's youngest winner of the Victoria Cross, while assigned to the 4th Canadian ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grey_and_Simcoe_Foresters - 29k - Cached - Similar pages

http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-badges/cef_126-150.htm

That's a cool find!

Toby